• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector XL Group Buy

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All I can add is that Thrust Vector XL's are THE BOMB !

Barbie loves driving
MissB'Haven since these were installed !

So as a side note ... you might consider taking advantage of this special group buy ....
< Please note I paid $400 for our set !!!!!!!!!! >
and do this for your Sweetheart !

'Jes sayin' guys .......... This is a give-away !~

Best Wishes for a Great week ahead to all,
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - And if the "Sweetheart" thing didn't resonate within you .......... Heck ! Just buy this as an early Christmas gift to yourself !!

Things He Likes - X3.jpg

Last edited:

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will, really?!?! I heard comment of this but never would have expected you to post that, I assumed the comment was made by a friend of yours.....

That is ridiculous of you to post that, c'mom man, be a bigger man than that shows. I'm sure there is a reason you don't lock your design down, but I strongly feel that is not a just reason to yourself and by trying to sway potential buyers with those warnings is ludicrous.

I've never seen you "personally" get into the battle. Your silence has worked for you in the past, I'd rather see you continue winning your own support with silence than throwing false warnings out there. Almost seems like it should be illegal but I have learned how #%^*€£ up our "system" can be.

Language bleeped by Bruce.

we have not attempted to lock the fins in the down position because Yamaha techs told us that they were snapping steering cables when they bolted on rudders that stay down at speed. The stock system would have to be really beefed up in my opinion to prevent this from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in for a set.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@HidnNOS I am just relaying real info. We are not slinging mud. We are merely stating that we don't want to change the boat dramatically from what it was intended to do from the factory level. We want to enhance the experience. Truth is that the boat's cables and pumps and seals were not designed to handle the kinds of loads that adding a rudder to the equation would add. We don't want to take that sort of risk.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
we just crossed over into the 30 percent discount level we now have 11 on board.

Huskerjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HidnNOS , I'm no engineer, but just using some common sense, what he sad about the stress loads at speed make sense to me. Adding a rudder when making a turn going 40+ has to create more steering stress load. Just seems logical to me. Also didn't think his comment seemed like mudslinging. I found the other providers comments on this board more antagonistic than what Will said. I have had only great customer service from him and it was all my fault and he made it right. Gotta stick up for Will and JBP.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@HidnNOS , I'm no engineer, but just using some common sense, what he sad about the stress loads at speed make sense to me. Adding a rudder when making a turn going 40+ has to create more steering stress load. Just seems logical to me. Also didn't think his comment seemed like mudslinging. I found the other providers comments on this board more antagonistic than what Will said. I have had only great customer service from him and it was all my fault and he made it right. Gotta stick up for Will and JBP.
Well said, 'Bro !!!!!!! Well said !!!!!!!
By the way, WELCOME here ! We're so glad you joined us !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Huskerjetboat He said a Yamaha engineer told him that (pre edit.) I believe that to be a lie. How many of those issues have you heard of? If you aren't an engineer and you've never heard of ANYONE having that issue themselves then tell me, where is the proof? I'd suggest dropping it rather than digging deeper as I'm sure that's what Will would prefer.

Huskerjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You know, what I see here is a guy who basically had a monopoly in the market for many years. Then, competition comes along and I would say he experienced a significant sales drop. Now, he needs to do what he can to recover sales. This particular product was originally developed to improve low speed maneuverability. So now that there is competition, it's all about high speed use. Will does not make any claims about his products high speed benefits. I have also not seen any engineering evaluations of the stresses that are exerted on steering components with the use of Cobra fins at high speed. Has he developer put stress gauges on steering components to see if it does create more stress? I don't know. Does the developer of Cobra Fins have an engineering degree or did he consult an engineer in the development to determine stress loads? I don't know that either, but I would probably say no, but that's just my opinion. So, since this product was designed to aid low speed steering, I have no problem using thrust vectors on my boat. Again, I feel this comes down to competition in a market previously dominated by one manufacturer. Now there is a choice, and the market will decide.

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not at all. I'm a consumer, this has nothing to do with Jeff. You sure do claim and assume a whole lot. Cheers

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg While everyone was apparently debating the group buy and high speed dynamic loads, I was out putting another 2 hours on the engines. @Wayloncle and @Lou4, thanks for jumping in. I am right there with you... regardless of count at this point. Will, count me in. I'll send you an email with color selection. Sure I can drive at slow speed like a pro, but that does not mean I will not enjoy working the wheel much less or not practically getting run over by my friends if I wakeboard. JBP is a first class operation and very intelligent about our boats. I flew my jetboaters flag for the first time today and actually saw a '14 SX210 on the water (didn't get any football to throw :(
Yamahas seem to be gaining in popularity around here. Only the '15 24'ers have a keel rudder so a dried up market for vectors or cobras seems unlikely to me. Also, the Seadek is awesome. I took two steps in with my shoes launching and left prints (sure they wipe off) but still think "Rapid Decompression" will be a naked feet only boat from here on out.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Will, or as you're known around here, @JetBoatPilot .............

As per my email, I am working on another project. So please put me down FOR SURE ! for another set !@

I mean what's a day without TWO (2 !) sets of Thrust Vector XL's. This is, however, not a joke. I am "all in" as they say, Will, on a 2nd set !

You already have my details, Will, per an earlier email exchange we had a week ago.

Best Wishes to all .......... and the rest of ya oughta jump on this before he sells out ! I paid a LOT MORE for my first set of TVXL's. And they are worth their weight in gold !

Many Thanks, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - The rest of ya oughta re-consider in light of what I have just done ! (ie, spent $$$ after a FIFTH STRAIGHT LOSS BY OUR HAPLESS FALCONS pretend NFL football team).

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will....

you are going to make me a poor man. email sent.

Edit: this is purely an educational purchase for me... I have my Cobra's that my wife loves on right now. I've never gone finless, and this will be the next step.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sysinu got it. Will you please send me an email so I can print your confirmation? Will@jetboatpilot.com.

@MikeyL so you're in one the new 240 kit that we already were speaking about? Or do you want to buy a TVXL kit? Those are two different things.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright! Can't resist this deal any longer. I'm in. Email sent. Can't wait to see how they compare to the cobras I've had on for the past six years.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet! We have a few days left to go and if this pace keeps up we may hit the max discount level before we're through. You guys get out there and pump this up! You could save an additional $57 if we hit the max discount level.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's the count? If it gets close to 19 I may jump in, even though I'm anti fin, I figure what the heck. It's probably a good deal

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are at 13 by my last count and the orders are steadily coming in. I would check back this afternoon if you're looking to get in at the 20 mark.