• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed Thrust Vector XV Group Buy November 2016

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Guys and Gals,

We're excited to announce that we'll be hosting a Thrust Vector XV Group Buy exclusively here at JetBoaters.Net during the month of November.

We wanted to space the SeaDek and Thrust Vector Group Buys out a bit, otherwise we would have made it available in the month of October.

Also we plan to release a new set of Thrust Vector XV's just prior to the launch of the group buy so you will be able to get in on the latest and greatest that JetBoatPilot has to offer during this event.

Discount structure will be similar to our SeaDek pricing structure but possibly with the potential to reach some additional savings levels if participation is sufficient.

So spread the word and let us know what your thoughts are!!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just watched you're Trust Vector XV video and to be honest, although I could see a slight difference, it was not nearly as dramatic as I expected. Personally, for me, it really didn't convince me of the advantage over the articulating keel system alone. This is not meant to be a slam, because I can tell from other members you make a quality product. I just didn't see a $400 difference in performance.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@captras You really need to try it before you make a determination. Why don't you give it a try and if you don't think it is worth the investment I will give you your money back. This sale will likely save you at least 25% off but up to as much as 30% or more FYI.

We hear from boaters who have tried going finless for the first few months that after they added the Thrust Vector XV's they noted a significant increase in responsiveness, decrease in oversteer and less time spent thinking about steering.

What do you have to lose?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well.....that's a pretty tough point to argue!!!!

Thanks

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It works big difference only took my boat out twice without thrust vectors now I have them helps at the dock and slow speeds you don't have to saw back and forth at the wheel to stay straight in windy or drifty conditions I can still slide the boat pretty good

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys, I need your help with getting the word out about a new Thrust Vector that we'll be rolling out during the group buy.

Over the years we have wrestled with the idea of making a fin from Aluminum. We found ourselves focused on one key objection to using metal. We believe that using polymer fins has been critical to the Thrust Vector's success due to the fact that they are sacrificial in the event of a submerged object impact.

JetBoatPilot is pleased to announce that we've discovered a way to fabricate the Thrust Vector fins from Aluminum in such a way that we will be able to retain the benefit of a sacrificial cross member.

So for the upcoming group buy we will be offering for the first time ever an Aluminum Thrust Vector Fin alongside our Best Seller, the original Thrust Vector XV.

The standard Polymer Thrust Vectors will see no change with the exception of a price reduction before the group buy. Black Fins will be $379.95 and colors will be $399.95 (minus any discount levels achieved).

The new Aluminum Thrust Vectors will be constructed from 3/16" thick, hard coat anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum plus all of the high quality powder coated stainless steel components we've tested and approved over the years. Kits will sell for $449.95 (minus any discount levels achieved) in black to begin with and will likely include colors at some point in the future. Additionally these Aluminum kits will feature a rubberized coating to protect the steering arm from metal on metal wear, nylon bushings at the pivot point, our newest cross member with integrated spray guard, chromium plated mount hardware to prevent dissimilar metal corrosion, our limited lifetime warranty and the best customer service that we can provide.

We need you help to get the word out about this new offering and we need your opinions as to why you'd prefer one system over the other.

One last note, I'd like to say that offering this new material is by no means intended to be an admission that the polymer fins are not capable. On the contrary I would still purchase the polymer fins over the aluminum fins if I were choosing, based on my experience. Our thoughts are that some would prefer metal because they are not familiar with our system and would feel more comfortable with metal parts over polymer. We want to give you the choice and will be here to help you in any way that we can during the process.

Thanks again. I will be posting group buy rules and discount levels in the next week or so.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Being a fairly new member, can somebody explain how the group buy works?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@captras here's the basics.

We out out a special sale for forum members only for a 30 day period.

During this time forum members will band together to create a group of Thrust Vector XV buyers. The more buyers we get the lower the price goes.

This year it will likely be set up where you could save 35-40 percent off retail if the participation is strong enough. Final details are being decided upon now and will be posted on November 1.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Really how interesting 6061- t6, 3/16 thick just like mine, well I can tell you my steering has held up just fine using that material for several years on my Magnum steering my Ultimate steering and my Magnum A K system so it should work for yours also, just ask anyone who has been using mine year after year.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Really how interesting 6061- t6, 3/16 thick just like mine, well I can tell you my steering has held up just fine using that material for several years on my Magnum steering my Ultimate steering and my Magnum A K system so it should work for yours also, just ask anyone who has been using mine year after year.
WOW! If I decide to buy fins, after reading this post, I now know which ones I am going to buy!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Guys and Gals, here are the details for the group buy starting tomorrow. The emphasis this year is to get as many of you signed up as we can and to also give the largest discounts that we've ever given, just in time for Christmas!

Thrust Vector XV's provide a significant improvement in your Yamaha Jet Boat's slow speed steering responsiveness, even on newer articulating keel equipped models. Thrust Vectors XV's are universal in design and will bolt on (no drilling) to any Yamaha Jet Boat ever built.

Key Reasons To Choose Thrust Vector over competitive products on the market today:
1: Simplicity of use- they work with no training necessary on how to use them or adjust them. Just bolt them on you're ready to go boating.
2: Less stress is best- Thrust Vectors are only in the water when you're slow so there is no heaviness in the wheel at high speeds plus no additional loads and stresses on cables, linkages, seals, pumps and nozzles.
3: Proprietary Plating on stainless mount hardware- prevents dissimilar metal corrosion. This means you can remove the Thrust Vectors if you need to without damaging expensive Yamaha parts.
4: Pivoting design is safer than rigid mounted fins- Our patented pivoting fin design ensures that in the event of a submerged object strike you won't do damage to expensive and critical boat components.
5: Limited Lifetime Warranty- If you buy as set of Thrust Vectors from us you're guaranteed to have a great experience with them as long as you own them.
6: Unlike some systems which pivot the fins upward even at idle speeds Thrust Vector XV fins are deployed in the flow, providing maximum control when it is most needed, and then pivot upward at higher speeds when unnecessary.

New 2017 Retail Prices Offered To You Now (Automatically Save $20.00 on Twin Engine and $10 on Single Engine)

Twin Engine Thrust Vector XV (Polymer Fins) $379.95 Black and $399.95 Colors
Single Engine Thrust Vector XV (Polymer Fins) $189.95 Black and $199.95 Colors

Limited Edition Twin Engine Thrust Vector XV Aluminum $449.95 Black Hard Coat Anodized (We will build and sell 10 sets in a twin engine configuration only)

Unit Sales Will Determine Discount Level
Twin Engine Kit = 1 Unit
Single Engine = 1 Unit

10 Units Sold= 20% Off
20 Units Sold= 25% Off
30 Units Sold= 30% Off
40 Units Sold= 40% Off
50+ Units Sold= 50% Off

As with all group buys that we've organized in the past, this group buy will run for 30 days, from Nov. 1 through Nov. 30, 2016. At the end of the event we will tally the total number of paid invoices and will discount prices based on the number of paid invoices.

To sign up you simply need to email me at will@jetboatpilot.com with your fin and color selection. you will also need to include your jetboaters.net user name plus your boat's year and model info.

For those who may be wondering whether there is any improvement or advantage to buying the aluminum Thrust Vector system, I can tell you after comparing both systems that the performance is identical. There is no measurable improvement based on our testing. The reason for their existence at the moment is to offer them to a select few customers who have requested them over the past few months. If there is sufficient demand for the Aluminum Fins and if the feedback from the early adopters is very positive we will consider going into full production with this new variation of the Thrust Vector XV system.

In order that we do not betray our philosophy of offering rudder systems that feature sacrificial, or breakaway components, we have designed our fins in such a way that the cross member will break way in an event that an underwater object were snagged while underway. Based on our testing the fins will allow the cross member to be forcibly removed at the same level of applied force as the polymer fins.

As always if you have questions you can call or message me here anytime. I want to thank each of you that plans to participate. Your support during this time of year is greatly appreciated by my staff. With your continued support in the off season and through group buys like these we are able to keep our team employed all year long without having to lay off anyone!

Last edited:

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Will, I just ordered this morning and am now seeing this group buy discount. Will you honor a discount after all the totals are worked up?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Danielmailin at the moment we're at 3.5 units committed. I have asked Julian to add a banner to the top of the home page so others will know that the group buy is being coordinated. If you and others will spread the word about the event that will help. Also I am thinking about going back and amending the rules a bit so that singles count for a whole unit instead of a half unit. That will help to boost numbers a bit and will help to get to higher discount levels.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got it. Thanks!

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has there been any changes to the Scarab thrust vectors?