• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vector

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Installed these on our 2021 212SE a few days ago. Took the boat out yesterday and it feels like a totally different boat. Probably the most important mod on these boats.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'll third that as well. Installed the new Thrust Vectors this winter and tried it out for the first time last weekend. I came from years of I/O experience and the first time I took the new jet boat out (with no thrust vectors) I hated the way it handled. Granted it was my first time operating a jet boat and I'm sure I would have improved a lot with practice but docking/trailering/slow speed maneuvering were so much of a challenge I initially kinda regretted my decision to buy a jet boat . After installing the thrust vectors it felt like a whole new boat. Slow speed maneuvering in conjunction with properly using no wake mode is fantastic with them installed vs. stock. For anyone out there considering or thinking about it, I highly recommend them too!

adunka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
which Thrust Vectors did you get and where can I purchase them?

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
which Thrust Vectors did you get and where can I purchase them?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@Igparra I concur. I installed my Thrust Vectors a few weeks ago, and the difference was incredible. I was out by myself and had to dock with a high wind and current. I was so much more confident with the TV’s installed.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I survived 3 months without one and could have go on without it, but highly recommended if you like to go to busy marina/restaurant on the water. With boat all over the place in close proximity docking, i'm glad I installed it.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Jet Boat Pilot has a new hardware update for the TV's. I complained the white spacers were too short, allowing the fins to flex too much, so maybe it's been addressed. Also, there are now washers that are installed between the return springs and the buckets to alleviate binding or wear. That is my take. Yesterday they had a video on YouTube on the updated hardware, but it's no longer there. Not sure if this hardware will be available as a free upgrade, or if it will have to be purchase. In my picture, the gap you see between the spacer and the nozzle has been mostly eliminated, and a SS washer has been added between the spring a nozzle. I purchased my TV's a few months ago, so this is a new change.

Attachments

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting. I ordered mine on Wednesday. I wonder which ones I’m getting?

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here is my story, 2018 AR240 that I have owned since new. First boat but have a bunch of time on them and owned wave runners. I had no problems with the AR240. Reverse action kinda sucks but forward not an issue. My wife complained and had all types of issues. I bought and put on the TV and lateral thrusters this year.. I really don't see that big a difference. My wife doesn't either. Now I have driven a AR195 with and without them and it seemed to help that boat much more.

jbhtex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So here is my story, 2018 AR240 that I have owned since new. First boat but have a bunch of time on them and owned wave runners. I had no problems with the AR240. Reverse action kinda sucks but forward not an issue. My wife complained and had all types of issues. I bought and put on the TV and lateral thrusters this year.. I really don't see that big a difference. My wife doesn't either. Now I have driven a AR195 with and without them and it seemed to help that boat much more.
We’ll mine arrive tomorrow and will put them on and test… I have a 2007 SX210 so older boat… but hope it helps!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You should try the super magnum AK deluxe with the mega fang plus upgrade for all time steering enhancement including off power steering control, faster high speed turns and excellent control in poor conditions plus a cleaner wake for water sport activities as well as a faster hole shot and a smoother ride in chop.
No plastic parts and the second tie rod for balance and redundancy in your steering system, also there are top inner fins for even more slow speed control, the mega fang plus upgrade improves the REAL reverse thrust and steering control provides more useable reverse thrust and directs it better , also the forward leading fangs provide a mild power steering effect . And of course slow speed steering is greatly enhanced And it does not increase the draft of the boat. The outer fins are actually higher than the rudder forming a V configuration. Cobra Super Magnum AK-19 and new Super Magnum AK-19 DELUXE steering for 2019 and newer Yamaha Twin Engine Articulating Keel Boats you have options from the basic model to the deluxe and the optional mega fang plus.

Attachments

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Love new Thrust Vector. Necessity for jet boat
looks like we got the same model boat but except for mine is a newer year. keep us posted on how well those work. i just recently purchased the cobra due to the fact that their option has a springloaded version and a fixed verstion. which i chose the fixed version because none of the fins are below the articulating keel anyways. it claims it can turn well at slow and plane speeds. Also with the distribution of keel motion. will be testing them out once i get my boat back from the dealership and the cobra product in hand.

255XE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
The thing is Owen over at Jet Boat Pilot is the real deal. Return the Cobra go with Thrust vector. You will have more issues with your new Jet Boat. Jet Boat Pilot will have your back anytime you need.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
im just realizing that a competitor took the time to post in a vendor specific section. More and more this is making my decision to remove said product easier.