• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors and lateral thrusters

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. One thing to keep in mind though is that for a small business, I can be very expensive to get a patent, and even more to defend one.
I don't think small businesses should be taking shots at one another. It absolutely does not help their cause to do so. But, I also understand how emotionally tied to their products they are and in the end these are just people like you and me.

Very much so, 100% agreed. It's tough for the small business. And that is why so many small companies that have gotten patents get swallowed up by large corporations. The little guys cannot defend their claims.

The time and resources spent will turn any idea or invention into one of their children. One of the very reasons I loved the idea of Shark Tank or other inventors shows. Taking a garage idea to a new level since the inventor may not have had the resources to do it themselves.

We have taken the position to promote our products and their benefits to the user by way of video and graphical presentation. From there if our products have merit the user then shares what they've experienced with others and that experience should align with our claims. If the user experience does not match our claims we iterate, adapt and make the changes necessary to deliver what is needed and desired.

If we can do that there is no competitor that can outsell us.

Back