• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time for a new prop ?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't knock him too hard, seems to have held until just now :)

If nothing else is an issue, this might be it.

Can't hurt to reseal it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When i resealed pump a few people told me that they had no sealant on their pumps so dont do it. My boat started cavitating after i cleared some debri that got sucked up. There was abit a 1" gap in the original sealent. The hardest part was removing the original sealent. I started with rtv silicone as a test, when that failed a few weeks later i replaced it with 5200. Just put a bead of it down and flatten it out with a razor blade. Cover whats left with masking tape until the 5200 cures and Remove any residual stuff before hitting the water.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced the sealant with 5200. Checked the bearing and they are still completely full of oil. Btw no whining noise out of water. Maybe the sucking air is making the noise. Haven't used my boat in months. Worst weather this summer ever.

islandstyle57

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The weather in Florida has not been the best this summer either, especially with the hurricanes.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally went out today. First time since the beginning of august. Vibration was from missing sealant and whining is from bearings. No idea why year old bearing that are soaked in oil are making that noise but they will be replaced soon thanks everybody

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So was about to order new pump bearings when I decided to put the boat in neutral and try and rev it to see it it still made the whining without the pump turning and it's the motor whining not the pump. Ideas?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So was about to order new pump bearings when I decided to put the boat in neutral and try and rev it to see it it still made the whining without the pump turning and it's the motor whining not the pump. Ideas?
The pump/impeller are is still turning in “neutral”.
There is no real neutral in a classical sense of a gear box, the buckets just drop down half way through keep the boat from moving - that’s JB neutral.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless I'm way off here, isn't the pump spinning anytime the engine is running?

Oops, too slow

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
duh. Never mind. I was thinking wrong. Don't know why I was thinking the button on the side of the motor disengaged the pump. embarrassed Blond moment. Ty

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
duh. Never mind. I was thinking wrong. Don't know why I was thinking the button on the side of the motor disengaged the pump. embarrassed Blond moment. Ty
We have all been there! I know I was, lol.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Don't feel bad I watched a guy drive his jet ski up to the beach grounding it and then get off it while it was running, he walked to his vehicle and had a beer, I walked over and asked him if he knew he left his engine running and he stared at me like I was an idiot, He informed me that his ski had NEUTRAL so it didn't matter, I told him I was sorry I did not realize he had a ski with neutral and explained that I was new at this stuff.
I waited for the overheat alarm to go off and when he finally went to the ski and turned it off it never started up again.
The way he drove it up on the sand at the beach I thought maybe it had 4 wheel drive also. After all I am new to this stuff!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Getting as far up onshore as possible seems to be the goal in cabo (madrano beach) mexico where the rental company employees are concerned but have a renter do it and they are checking to see if you bought the optional damage insurance for that 20 year old ski that can sometimes hit 30 mph with a lot of runway.