• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

time to replace the batteries, recommendations?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So does the controller automatically switch between batteries based on some time interval or volts/amps? or is that a manual process?
If you are asking about the solar charge controller that I linked to it regulates the charge to both batteries based on their voltage level and availability of solar power to charge. It will keep both batteries at their optimal state as long as sufficient solar power is available. You could add a 10 amp 14 volt power supply to compliment the solar cells when your boat is near a 120 outlet. I use a similar setup on a radio tower.

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So if on solar only, do you know what happens if battery 'A' never makes it to a full charge because there is not enough sun that day or even that week does battery 'B' go to zero over time?

Sorry for all the questions. I like this approach, just looking at all the angles.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Make sure the charge controller is matched to the batteries for max voltage, recovery voltage, float volatge, wave type, etc. The cheap ones are not smart chemistry sensing and there is no way to change them to a different type. Most of the cheap ones will be for deep cycle or agm batteries. They will work either way but your batteries will have more performance and cycles when charged correctly.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if on solar only, do you know what happens if battery 'A' never makes it to a full charge because there is not enough sun that day or even that week does battery 'B' go to zero over time?

Sorry for all the questions. I like this approach, just looking at all the angles.
I have not read the manual for that charger but based on similar chargers that I have used I expect that both batteries would receive an equal charge rate when discharged. Once fully charged the controller would switch to a float charge. There likely are other steps between. The controller does not prioritize either battery.