• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tint Job on a 242 SE

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Alright, so the shop that did my Ceramic Coating attempted to tint my 2019 242 SE and failed.

I took the boat to another shop and they wanted $2,250!

Granted, I know these boats are very difficult to tint; however, my 2007 AR210 and 2013 212SS only cost $700.

My question to those with a tinted boat: How much did it cost you?

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Alright, so the shop that did my Ceramic Coating attempted to tint my 2019 242 SE and failed.

I took the boat to another shop and they wanted $2,250!

Granted, I know these boats are very difficult to tint; however, my 2007 AR210 and 2013 212SS only cost $700.

My question to those with a tinted boat: How much did it cost you?
I was going to get mine done last year and I fell off the chair when they gave me the price. I forget how much it was exactly but I’m thinking like $5-700 range. This was at a dealer. It did not come out right so they removed it and I was never charged.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had mine done for around $400. He told me that he had to do both of the curved windows twice to get it right. I thought that price was more than fair.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
$800 for Ceramic on mine. I also tried 3 shops before I found someone who could do it. One guy even tried and gave up.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The shop that tinted my last boat charged me $600, or so to install tint and a wrap that I bought from ITP Graphics. I gave him a $100 tip, after talking with him some. He said he’ll never do another boat tint, it was so difficult.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nobody wanted to touch it in central WI for under $1500 due to the curves. No tint for me.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Be glad you can even tint yours, mine is acrylic so you can’t tint easily. I do have a plan though, my auto tinted wants to try this film used to smoke head and taillights. Obviously it goes on the outside, and is designed to stick to plastic. Results once the material arrives, probably next week.

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a new 242x and I got quotes $400 for high performance tint or $600 for ceramic here in Clearwater. They even come out to the high and dry where my boat is located.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had my 242 tinted about 6 years ago by a local auto tint shop for $400. Afterwards he said he wouldn’t do another, for less than twice the price. The curved windows were very difficult for him to do. Thankfully the tint still looks good after all these years.

There was a member here that used to install wraps on boats and cars, he tinted the outside of his boat’s windows and it looked great but I don’t know how or if it held up.

Bigcat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
$800 for Ceramic on mine. I also tried 3 shops before I found someone who could do it. One guy even tried and gave up.
Help me understand this ceramic coat thing. If I can buy it in a spray bottle and just spray and wipe, why would you need to pay $900 and have a pro do it? What am I missing?