• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

To Wrap or not to Wrap....

To Wrap or not to Wrap.......

• Do it!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • DONT DO IT!

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have been really toying with the idea of doing a cool vinyl wrap on my 2017 AR195. Wondering if any of you have done this and any pro’s or con’s.

I know some of the obvious pros of protecting the paint from damage, sun etc.

Also any good companies or recommendations?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My experiences with wraps only have one downfall......dock rash! If you are a careful boater, use fenders religiously and dock gently there will be minimal issues with cutting the wrap on the dock. Once the wrap is cut and scraped you’ll see the hull color underneath. Other than that, wraps are a way cool way to personalize your boat.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great point thanks for the heads up! Haven’t seen many people on the forum do one. That’s why I was wondering if maybe it wasn’t a good decision

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check out @DavisAR195 wrap on his 195 in this post. He has more pics in that thread too. It's pricey but it sure looks sweet!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw a boat with a wrap on it this summer , the owner ended up parking it on the same hotel guest dock as mine. His fender slipped out so the wrap at that location of the hull was ripped to shreds.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DavisAR195 that does look great! How is your holding up any issues with docks and what not?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I have been really toying with the idea of doing a cool vinyl wrap on my 2017 AR195. Wondering if any of you have done this and any pro’s or con’s.

I know some of the obvious pros of protecting the paint from damage, sun etc.

Also any good companies or recommendations?

Merry Christmas everyone!
When I purchased my AR 195 I really wanted a blue boat and decided to get a wrap from a well known graphic company here in Oregon. I went with an M3 product that has some flake in it which out the door cost me $1,640.00 with the boat show discount. The basic wrap without the flake was roughly $400.00 less. I have been boating most of life and was fairly confident in my docking abilities in order to prevent scratching the boat. Based on that I made it through the season with only on minor scratch in the wrap due to the poor factory cleat placement on the AR 195's. After that incident I added another cleat on the bow. The only other con is how soft the material is and when the boat was tied up at the dock on a rough day the seam on one of the fenders indented on the side. If you have any other questions please let me know. Boat Wrap.png Cleat 3.jpg Cleat 4.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There was also that one company that came on here briefly trying to gauge interest on their wraps. Best I can recall the designs were more in your face and loud styling but perhaps they can make you anything you design up. I want to say they were a vendor but can't remember their name as it's been a few years.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Blue wrap looks awesome. Is the black hull a wrap or was that original?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Blue wrap looks awesome. Is the black hull a wrap or was that original?
I purchased the factory black and yellow combination for the 2017 model year. All the blue and the logo on top of the blue is the wrap.