• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tomorrow is the day! Flyboard training and pickup

I have seen one of these hooked to a jet ski. My question is, who controls the throttle? Seems like it would be hell on an engine to be revving that high and not moving. how do you disconnect it to use your boat as normal again?

There is no way it is that easy! That is nuts.

Nice, next mod for my 240HO maybe? o_O

I have seen one of these hooked to a jet ski. My question is, who controls the throttle? Seems like it would be hell on an engine to be revving that high and not moving. how do you disconnect it to use your boat as normal again?

When they first came out 1 to 2 years ago the fly boards default config was to have the person on the power vehicle control the throttle. For about $1,500 you could by the optional hardware needed to allow the board rider to control the throttle.

I don't think you need to be moving to cool the engine as long as its in water it will draw from the water is in for cooling. I haven't seen the boat connection but to a ski it's a tube shaped like a J that replaces the steering nozzle and or reverse bucket, this allows the ski to be pulled from the front, it bolts on

My big concern would be losing control and colliding with the power vehicle instead of the water. There are some videos of beginners on you tube no one has collided with their tow vehicle but for some the learning curve is steep and painful.

Yes, the person in the boat/jet ski controls the throttle. It's actually really safe once you are trained as an instructor.

I just finished my mod of the quick disconnect so I can still keep my nozzle and reverse gate. It takes me about 60 seconds to remove boarding nozzle and install the flyboard hose. I had to heavily modify the steering nozzle to get it to fit over the Zapata quick connect cone. I then had to adjust all the linkage about an inch further out.

Definitely not for the faint of heart. We leave first light tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.

Attachments

• 20140502_175029.jpg
    20140502_175029.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20140502_175035.jpg
    20140502_175035.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20140502_175025.jpg
    20140502_175025.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 20140502_175050.jpg
    20140502_175050.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 74
This otta be good! Can't wait to see the vids!

@cybuch I see a mod in your future....stainless steel scupper

Good luck with the fly board.

First day out was perfect. Only took me 90 seconds to change from boating mode to flyboard mode in the water!! We did some flyboarding, then switched to tubbing and then back to flyboarding. The boat ran like a champ. We ran the motor at about 5500 rpm for my 14 year old, 6200 for my GF, and 8k for me. The pee'rs were doing their job and all ran perfect. I got about 10 feet up by the last run. Its going to be a great summer!! Here is a pic of my chick flying. I will get some video up too.

Attachments

• 20140503_082315.jpg
    20140503_082315.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 84
That is way too cool. Please don't ever post how much it cost you because Id probably start selling everything around here that's not bolted down!!!

That girl walks on water @cybuch.

That is way too cool. Please don't ever post how much it cost you because Id probably start selling everything around here that's not bolted down!!!
It was a lot!!! We are actually starting a rental business to help with the cost.

Wait a sec... You can use a yamaha jet boat to do this???? I thought it had to be a special jet ski or something! That is so AWESOME!!!!!

Just need a jet pump!!

We want...no, NEED more pictures!

Awesome! Looking forward to the video. Is there a hoverboard in your future to travel back and forth to work?

Here is a link to my 14 year old flyboarding.

Back