• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Karl Clements. I wish it was under better circumstances, but welcome none the less. Glad that you found us.

You've come to the right place to get the info and support you're looking for. Hopefully your dealer can get all of the "new boat bugs" fixed so that your next outing will be more enjoyable. I don't have any first hand knowledge with the scarab boats so I'll leave you in the hands of the scarab experts. I'd be pretty frustrated too if I had a list like yours after only a few hours of use. Good luck, hope it all works out in the end, keep us posted on the results.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow, sorry you're having such a bad experience. I'd be more than pissed if i had that many issues with a new boat purchase. It would also make me nervous that there might be more issues the older it gets. Hopefully the dealer resolves all your problems!

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks everyone I guess I did come off a Lil harsh. But I drove 4 hours up to my place Tuesday and had to return Friday to put in service. I missed the biggest weekend of the year, that I plan for every year. So now here I sit on the 4th of July on my deck and not on my boat.

Happy 4th of July everyone

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ScarabMike I know to let it cycle. This BRP is the same as there Ski-doo snowmobile line. Those gauges are almost identical to one of 2014 ski doo sleds.

Once I get it back even fixed I'll take pictures and explain.

I haven't had any kind of water sitting in the locker. Maybe a Lil bit but nothing a towel wouldn't soak up.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Karl Clements I know how you feel about not having your boat when you want to use it!! So, we all know that stress doesn't bring out the best in everyone, but you have a support network here that you will be more than happy with. Trust me when my engine went my daughter said, "you are taking this better than I thought you would!" She was on the boat when the engine died... Internally, I could have bit nails in half! Happy 4th and welcome to the forum! [flag]

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Karl Clements you say you know the ski doo sleds then why in Gods name would you buy a ski doo powered boat? You should have known better!! Just kidding I had to bust your chops as I ride one of those big heavy tank sleds, a Yamaha apex. Good luck with your boat, I would be pissed and wanting another boat after dropping that kind of money on a boat for it to be in The shop already with that many problems.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I just hit 8hrs on my 195 HO.
1. Horn is broken internally
2. Cover material is bleeding and leaving black mark's all over my paint and seats.
3. Rear ski deck matting is coming up
4.cover is torn in 5 places
5. 2 front seats clips are broken
6. Engine cover seats shocks are bad
7. Trailer breaking system is messed up
8. After less than min of driving, exhaust temp alert and goes into limp mode.
9. Exhaust hose was never completely attached from the dealer, exhaust in engine bay stalled boat.
10. Exhaust box (not sure what it's called) strap was snapped off
11. Air intake mounting bracket was never mounted. Air intake just flopped around

There's more but I'll leave it there.

Since day one I've had issues with this boat.

It honestly feels like a cheap POS.

It's in the dealership and it looks it's going to be about 3 weeks to fix everything. What a terrible investment.

Anybody have this many issues?
I've had the same issue with the black dye from the bow cover transferring onto the top of the seats. They need to put the same material they put inside the cockpit cover that protects the back seats.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The way I kept the dye from bleeting on my seats when I first got the boat was to place some microfiber towels on all the spots where the seats touch the cover. This eliminated the issue entirely. When it id get on, I used some regular interior cleaner for my car, and sponge. Then let the upholstery sit in the sun for a day. The UV rays cleared what was left. I also keep my seats protected with Attwod cleaner and polish. This stuff is amazing, and available at Walmart. It forms a kind of wax shield over the vinyl.

Vinyl sauce is great too.
http://www.amazon.com/Boat-Bling-VS-Detailing-Product/dp/B006GJYKWI

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The way I kept the dye from bleeting on my seats when I first got the boat was to place some microfiber towels on all the spots where the seats touch the cover. This eliminated the issue entirely. When it id get on, I used some regular interior cleaner for my car, and sponge. Then let the upholstery sit in the sun for a day. The UV rays cleared what was left. I also keep my seats protected with Attwod cleaner and polish. This stuff is amazing, and available at Walmart. It forms a kind of wax shield over the vinyl.

Vinyl sauce is great too.
http://www.amazon.com/Boat-Bling-VS-Detailing-Product/dp/B006GJYKWI
Thank you for the tips. I did something simular too. It's these little things I hope they fix in the newer models.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rtimleck Those of us with the 2014 models are the cream of the crop! We are the originals, and the beta testers. I can tell you they do listen. All you have to do is look at the radios on the new models compared to the old, and the new 195 Kevlar lined walk through cushion compared to the 2014's.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
that is true. The cushion is a great update. I haven't had any issues with the radio but I find the tower speakers make a load hissing sound even if there at half volume. Have you had that problem?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rtimleck Have you tried turning the knob next to the USB charger down? If that's all the way up, and the radio down, it will hiss.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No news yet from our dealer. They Jet boat Tech was not in today. At This point all of the little things I can deal with, I just want it up and running right so I can enjoy the rest of the season. The rest can be taken care of over the winter. Due to the fact, they knew about some of mine seat issues and were waiting for the parts to come in anyways. I don't shop at Wal-mart but ill look into a new cleaner for my seats. We will be getting a new cover more than likely. I also remember we got the Platinum Repair package which was a $450 option which would move us ahead of the line for repairs. Im hoping for a quick turn around. There is a couple events oming up I don't want to miss. No tower speakers so I don't know of the hiss you are referring to. I do know my system sounds great though. Thinking of maybe installing the rear two out facing speakers. My father wants to try and talk to the dealer into comping us some of the Tower speakers for all of our troubles. I don't know if that's going to work, but hey its worth a try.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Karl Clements, we are listening to your venting and you have come to the right place. You have done a good job keeping your cool given the issues that you are experiencing and your short boating season. First production cars, boats, etc. can be a challenge. Great thinking as far as going with the Platinum repair package.

Keep us posted on the fixes and @ScarabMike will be able to help out with a lot of advice and troubleshooting techniques.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes I do know all about the Auto industry I am a UAW bargaining Rep lol.