• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tons of problems with my 195

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So there is roughly about $2000 worth of damage to the boat. Due to a tiny tiny tiny piece of plastic. Now the other problems yes was on the Scarab and the dealer is taking care of all of it. They also repairing and rebuilding the Jet drive and sensors. Seats, Cover, fixed matting among other things. A Rep from Scarab is supposed to be giving us a call. Were still are not happy with the boat (doesn't mean were getting rid of it, just a very expensive lesson). But now were are understanding that this issue is a super super super rare issue. Its just going to make me super cautious with it. @ScarabMike

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Karl Clements Ill tell you what I tell everyone that PMs me about being worried about the boats, or worried about what others have said. And I think every jet boat veteran in here will back me on this....

If you have to walk on eggshells because you are worried about the boat, then the manufacturer and dealer failed to make the customer happy. These boats are supposed to be fun. You should only have to worry about how much fuel is left in the tank, rather than if something else is going to happen. Especially when your dropping over 40k of your hard earned cash.

I have had over 50 hours of trouble free, nothing but fun, and enjoyment. I can vouch that the Scarabs are incredible boats. And I expect nothing else than that.

Keep pushing them until they make it right, and you feel like you can enjoy the investment. If they cant, then leave the boat, get your cash back, and walk.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just want to see what's going to happen after its fixed. See what they are willing to do for me. Maybe score some stuff out of it, I know it sounds kind of bad but hell. Calling the insurance company tomorrow to see what they're going to cover. The dealer is calling it and underwater collision of some sorts, so hopefully its taken care of. @ScarabMike

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea thats what it sounded like when I first read it. Something hitting hard, and causing all that stuff to come apart.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh no we didn't hit anything we ran something over in the water. The strap that I mentioned was not the proper strap for the exhaust they believe by that breaking it caused the vibration to loosen the exhaust hose. They said the strap looked like it belonged somewhere else. They are calling it an underwater collision to help us with the insurance. @ScarabMike

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm confused. Scarab dealer is saying you hit a submerged object so your insurance will cover the cost to repair manufacturer defects???

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf the dealership is saying it. we ran something over in the water, the lake I frequent is kinda dirty. They found a piece of plastic that clogged it. The repairs are are over $2000 so the dealer is calling it an underwater collision so we can submit it to the insurance company so they will cover the repair costs, we have full coverage. I just don't know what they would say to...."oh yes we just sucked up a piece of plastic" still will be out $500 for the deductible though. The Manufacturer defects will be covered by the warranty and Scarab. Sorry I type way to fast for my own good. So I suck at explaining things

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok then @Karl Clements , your major engine issues are then not Scarab's or Rotax's fault. Thats why they are trying to get insurance to pay for it. The rest of the stuff is minor stuff that has been brought up before, and the manufacturer has covered it.

Now with that said, I go back to my first post. How is this a Scarab boat or Rotax issue? That can happen with any boat man. To me it sounds like the dealer, and Scarab have been nothing but stand up with your issues.

Im glad youll be back on the water soon. Enjoy the boat, and take a ton of pics. We love pictures here. Take care, and good luck to you.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph Yes it is. But thats the engine, and intercooler. The exhaust still uses raw water to cool, and help with the fumes.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ScarabMike according to the dealership. The exhaust strap busting was a Scarab issue, which could have been a major issue. Now theyre doing what they can to fix this issue. I never put them down thinking they wouldn't try and resolve all issues. I admitted in a previous post I was just angry. But again even still with how much other stuff minor or not its still very frustrating. Im a UAW rep at a parts plant that provides parts for Ford vehicles. If we send something out (we make all the HVAC systems for Fords) and it ends up in a new vehicle, and something grows wrong and it was our part....Man Ford has come down on so hard. Such as hefty fines, also having employees terminated. Hasn't happened yet but they wanted it. So even with the smallest problems from Scarab...yeah its still their problem. I am sure they will resolve it all though. Sorry don't mean to ramble. I can see you're really into these boats. I do hope to get 50hrs and more out of it after this.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well going on a month, they found some hair line cracks in the gel coating under the rear seating. so its in the fiberglass shop. They are also waiting on 2 more parts for the jet drive. Were hoping we can have it back next weekend problem free.. fingers crossed. Scarab has been in contact with my father, nothing has been said about any kind of "freebies" yet. Hopefully Scarab will hook us up with something. We hope to have the boat a long time and after this, have no more issues

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I just noticed this thread. I have to say i was a bit taken back by the way you guys pissed on this guy in the beginning almost calling him a lyar. Glad you got real.

Karl Clements

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Evil Sports I did start off kind of like a jerk. lol they did come at me kinda hard. but its all been worked out. A lot of them have turned out to be helpful and im sure will continue to help along the way. But thanks for the support.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Karl Clements glad things are coming around and getting fixed. Hopefully you'll be back out on the water soon.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This is the single best source of information on these boats...I enjoy and look forward to every post good/bad. When this post started I immediately went to my boat and checked. Keep them coming guys.
I will say here as I have in other threads I have only created my problems thus far. Luckily my friends are smarter than me :) My boat is coming out of 20+ hr inspection this week. Fingers crossed.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
@Karl Clements I feel your pain, I purchased a 2014 195HOI In Aug and the Dealer had it for 2 and 1/2 months repairing factory defects. The Engine continued to go into safe mode every time it hit the water for 30 minutes or so, It continued to overheat, Engine misfires, and numerous other problems time and time again. I debated giving it back, but the dealer refused and said they are obligated to fix it. I finally got it back 2 weeks ago and it has been running great. Glad they finally got it right.....

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Elio195HOI What was the diagnoses of the problem.
The Engine continued to go into safe mode every time it hit the water for 30 minutes or so, It continued to overheat, Engine misfires, and numerous other problems time and time again.
. Just curious....

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
@Slugger55 The dealer never could get it right and are still scratching their heads, I had to call the Scarab rep and he contacted BRP who came out and made the repairs. I can tell you the dealer went as far as replacing the intercooler and every other cooling component with no luck, spark plugs, ignition coils, hoses, ETC. They were even discussing swapping the engines out and that's when I called the Rep. Apparently, It was all software related (At least that's what I was told) and BRP stated the dealer wasted tones on resources trying to repair the boat vs calling BRP to solve the issue. The Dealer finally came out and stated they were unfamiliar with Scarab Jet boats, Wish they mentioned that before I purchased the boat. Although, I should have know when not one the sales rep could tell me any features. BTW, This wasn't a small mom and pop dealer, this is a national company. I was also told the 2014 have tons of issues that are still being worked out to date.