1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Top end rebuild

Discussion in 'Yamaha LX210, LX2000 and LS2000' started by piper84, Mar 27, 2018.

1. piper84

piper84 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    LS
    Boat Length:
    I pulled the cyl head off and found damage on aft piston that I could not see otherwise also elongated Cyl wall in spots. This is the cyl at 90 psi comp ck even lower when wormed up. I am replacing all three pistons and ordered a remanufactured cyl head. Was recommended by supplier to also rebuild the carbarators. Dammage to piston side was on the exhaust side most likely due to a lean running carb. So I’m going to rebuild all six carbs and replace oil lines.

• Like Like x 1
  2. boudin

boudin Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Yes, dirty carbs and oil lines coming off are the #1 killer of 2-stroke Yamaha's. Carbs should be rebuilt every 2-3 years. Try to use Mikuni or WSM kits. Go back with stock high/low mixture screw settings--check greenhulk.net for stock values, but also make note of the # of turns when disassembling the carb body. If you add aftermarket flame arrestors, that will also lean out the mixture--there are formulas on greenhulk.

You might also want to pickup an impact screwdriver for stuck screws.

-Greg

3. piper84

piper84 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    LS
    Boat Length:
    Has enyone ever tried to use an infored digital hand held thermometer to detect a lean our hot running cylinder?