• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Top Speed <AR192>

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@SamCF Wow! Just read you signature. Damn, I'm impressed. That is awesome. Had the same boat as you, did a few modes but nothing like you did to achieve those speeds. Bravo...:thumbsup:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I tested the boat today and it's the same. 3 people, 7100 rpm, 39 mph. I did the following:

I topped off 60% of the tank with 87 octane. The fuel filter is clean.
SVHO intercooler and ribbon delete.
New spark plugs.
Throttle is hitting the stop.

The dealer sold a new impeller to the previous owner and it looks like an OEM impeller. I’m thinking that I can swap in the old impeller and maybe it will improve. Then I can send my new impeller to be repitch. Or can I repitch by myself?

EDIT: I read online that oil in the air filter could impact performance. I did the check the air filter before and noticed that it had some discoloration ... Maybe oil? I'll try that first before pulling the pump! It would make sense why the dealer changed a perfectly fine impeller! Maybe a misdiagnosis.

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Air filter was the problem!

I took the filter out, picked up a girl, and we went for a night cruise. Immediately jumped to 7500 rpm and the 2 of us hit 48mph.

The air filter looks like someone sprayed fogging oil without removing the intake boot.. and clogged the filter with oil.

I think that I will run it without an air filter. Thanks all for the advice.

Now I need to move on to the next problem.. I broke the lock on the trailer winch. I suppose that I over tightened it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I took the filter out, picked up a girl, and we went for a night cruise. Immediately jumped to 7500 rpm and the 2 of us hit 48mph.

The air filter looks like someone sprayed fogging oil without removing the intake boot.. and clogged the filter with oil.

Now I need to move on to the next problem.. I broke the lock on the trailer winch. I suppose that I over tightened it.
Fantastic!
Sorry about the winch though, but you can fix it, easy.

let me know if you want to try a steel mesh filter - below - I have one or two lying around I'm not going to use, happy to ship those to you free if you can use them.

--

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

Thank God! haha. I just picked up a 2016 AR192 and I was getting nervous reading this post that I messed up not ponying up for the '17 195. I'm glad you finally had an answer and a subsequently sweet ride. Happy cruisin'