• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Totaled my 2015 SX240.....

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to hear this. Glad everyone was okay.

Potomac?

Thanks.
The accident was on the Wicomico River which is right off the Potomac River. It was by Red Marker #6 and very close to Cobb Island.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have a cover for the boat? If you aren't interested in buying it back, I may be interested and live right across the river from you....
I will keep you posted if I ended up getting the boat.
I have the shipping cover on it now but I also have a black official Yamaha cover.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been trying not to dwell on my recent sucky vehicle luck but it has been pretty sucky:
1) Paid a couple guys a bunch of money to rebuild the motor on my 1973 Ford F100. Got it back on the road 6/24/17 and drove it 40 miles and it broke down.
2) Got rear ended in my 1997 Lexus es300 by a 19 year year old on 6/30/17
3) Totaled my boat on 7/2/17
4) Had fuel injector work done on my 1997 Lexus on 7/6/17. Drove it home and noticed intense gas smell. Pop hood to find gas sprayed onto engine block. (The repair shop sent a guy to my house to fix it ...but still!)

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been trying not to dwell on my recent sucky vehicle luck but it has been pretty sucky:
1) Paid a couple guys a bunch of money to rebuild the motor on my 1973 Ford F100. Got it back on the road 6/24/17 and drove it 40 miles and it broke drown.
4) Had fuel injector work done on my 1997 Lexus on 7/6/17. Drove it home and noticed intense gas smell. Pop hood to find gas sprayed onto engine block. (The repair shop sent a guy to my house to fix it ...but still!)
Geeezzzzz

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1) Paid a couple guys a bunch of money to rebuild the motor on my 1973 Ford F100. Got it back on the road 6/24/17 and drove it 40 miles and it broke down.
Your luck sounds about as good as mine was from May-June.

May 23rd had my truck stolen from the street in front of my house overnight.
May 28th wrecked my boat and totaled it.
June 14th I got rear ended by a guy and totaled my car.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I missed this thread earlier but I think in this area a galvanized trailer is worth somewhere in the area of $2500. Is it an EZ Loader (that's what mine came with)? If so, it is a nice trailer and should go quickly.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just my .02 but engines, trailer, ecus, connext parts, removable interior parts like seats, cusions, hatches, etc. Add all that up and I bet you could part it out for 10k or more. As an example there is someone on this forum in need of the fold down glove box lid/table but only way to get it from parts department is to buy the whole glovebox assembly for big money. A bunch of folks took damage on the way to Bimini this year too.

Not much market for used and broken fiberglass boat hulls but they can be used for "clean" fill if crushed once in the hole.

So parting it out plus the insurance money may get you into a really nice leftover 2017

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your luck sounds about as good as mine was from May-June.

May 23rd had my truck stolen from the street in front of my house overnight.
May 28th wrecked my boat and totaled it.
June 14th I got rear ended by a guy and totaled my car.
OMG! I think you win Pauly! Now I dont feel so bad....thanks

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone that wake boards or surfs and uses ballast bags could use the tsunami pump they use to fill the bags as a second pump. I was out one day when a guy forgot to put his drain plug in. He took off and was up on plane before realizing it and on plane no water coming in until he stopped and was far from a dock, then realized he was taking on water. I leant him my pump and along with his bilge pump, he was out of danger of sinking or taking a wave over the side fairly quick.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really sorry about your situation and your wife's toe! Ouch!!.
For reference, on your trailer, I just sold my black Shoreland'r trailer for $2,650 and could have possibly squeezed out a bit more if I was willing to wait. And galvanized would have sold even faster.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update: Not surprising GEICO Marine rejected my $500 low ball. They really have been awesome about everything so far ....so I am not upset...actually a little relieved. The GEICO person said the Salvage department said they really have to start at $5000 for the boat.
I am thinking as a service to our forum members I should list the HIN. I am fearful that who ever gets somehow gets the title cleaned (that is the title should always show that it was totaled and considered SALVAGE). You know someone does a substandard repair and passes it off as never in an accident.
Do we have a thread like this going?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How about I give you 5000 and you buy it back and give me the titles and boat and trailer?

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PortTobacco II
I feel your pain. I haven't posted pictures yet, but 6 weeks ago we went out (3rd time on the boat) to a cove we hadn't been too and I also hit a submerged bunch of rocks. We were coming in to the cove at wake speed by did some damage to the hull, about 7K. The boat can be fixed and Safeco mailed out a check within a week. It has been 6 weeks and still no boat.

At least nobody got hurt and your insurance company sounds like they are making it a little easier.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How about I give you 5000 and you buy it back and give me the titles and boat and trailer?
I have moved on and sent Geico the title.
The trailer is still mine. I plan sell the trailer at some point. Should be able to get $2500 I guess for it.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
To be fair, I don't know that anything here is misrepresented. The CraigsList ad matches what he has in the first post in that the engines were never under water.

I am a bit crazy, but honestly if I was in the market, this would probably be on my short list. Even if the repairs cost you ten grand, it seems to make sense. The question is, though, why isn't the OP repairing it himself and continuing to enjoy it?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be fair, I don't know that anything here is misrepresented. The CraigsList ad matches what he has in the first post in that the engines were never under water.

I am a bit crazy, but honestly if I was in the market, this would probably be on my short list. Even if the repairs cost you ten grand, it seems to make sense. The question is, though, why isn't the OP repairing it himself and continuing to enjoy it?
I don't see the misrepresentation either.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The posting seems fair. I did not try to fix it because insurance company paid everything that paid for it. I have enough stuff on my plate. The guy that bought the boat from insurance company said that he plans to fix it.

Last edited:

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got me a NEW-to-me boat! 2016 SX240 with 29hours on it. Got it at a Great price! All me and my wife had to do was make a 1400 mile round trip trek from Maryland to Maine! But worth it I think

Attachments