• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Totally Irresponsible Stoplight Challenge - Corvette Didn't expect that!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta I have been challenged to a grudge match...1/4 mile...by my neighbor who has a 08 Tundra Limited with the 5.7 engine. I have a 14 RAM 1500 with the 5.7Hemi. Race will be at a local drag strip on March 1st. He says it will be open to anyone to run grudge matches. Should be fun! Have not done this kind of thing in over 30 years. Will let you know the results. He will probably win since he is a gear head and done a couple mods to his truck and mine is stock.
That will be a fun one. If he has done his research and knows things like how to turn off the electronic nannies it will be close....the 8 speed of the dodge will be a huge help. Sounds like he's bragging a lot, are you sure he doesn't have the Toyota factory supercharger add on? It's expensive, like 6-7K installed but it's a beast if he has it. The 5.7 with the supercharger makes 504 HP and 550 lb-ft of torque. You wouldn't stand any sort of chance.

Make sure you let me know the results.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That will be a fun one. If he has done his research and knows things like how to turn off the electronic nannies it will be close....the 8 speed of the dodge will be a huge help. Sounds like he's bragging a lot, are you sure he doesn't have the Toyota factory supercharger add on? It's expensive, like 6-7K installed but it's a beast if he has it. The 5.7 with the supercharger makes 504 HP and 550 lb-ft of torque. You wouldn't stand any sort of chance.

Make sure you let me know the results.
No supercharger. I know he has a CAI system and cat back duels with magnaflows. He says those two mods have him around 430hp if I remember correctly. Not sure what his rear axle is, but I have the 3.92 rear axle. Should give me a jump on the start if he has something less.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
4.30 and a 6 speed trans.