• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow valve suggestions?

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I have searched “tow valves” and they all deal with flushing solutions (that I could see). Once again, from my owners manual and this awesome forum, I would have never known not to tow my boat more than 3-5mph in the event one engine failed. With that said I don’t want to have to be in that situation and have to only go 3-5mph to be towed, such as in the middle of the open ocean on a Bimini trip. So, I am going to install some tow valves on mine. Two questions: one, can you all please post some links to sites for known valves that work (compatible) with my 2019 242. And two, where you would recommend installing them (pictures highly appreciated). Thank you all.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
See the FAQ for the install https://jetboaters.net/faq/#faq-81

You can get everything you need from Lowes or Home Depot. None of this is "boat or marine-specific". That being said if you wanted to buy a valve from a marine site you could use Island Racing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you @haknslash . That’s exactly what I was looking for. My searches don’t include the FAQ questions area🤔. I always try not to be “that guy” that is to lazy to search for previously discussed questions over and over, so just asks anyway. I don’t see an option for me to delete this thread I started. Maybe being an Admiral you have the administrative priveldges to do so? You can delete it if you want.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No need to delete the thread bud, happy to help! One thing that can help search the FAQ is if you're on PC use CTRL+F to bring up the "find" dialog box. Then you can search for keywords. :)

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you ever install valves ?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
on my '17 AR190 there is NO WAY I can reach the line from teh pump the the engine from teh cleanout tray. My arms are simply too large for the opening. They're long enough, but my biceps get scraped up bad if I get that "deep" in there, and I'm still a good 6-8in shy of where the valave would be.

I'm looking at getting a larger port to install in the cleanout tray. If I can get a larger port in there, then I can install the valve back in that area, and keep the engine bay clean.

The other option is to intercept the lines as the come into the engine bay, and put the valve in there. There is space for it, but you'll need to possibly extend the flush line depending on how large of a valve you put in.

I'm on the cusp of buying the parts to do mine now, I'll be sure to take pics and reply back once complete.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u get extra hose & put a loop in the line under the clean out and have the valves up top for easy reach. My valves are 3-4" below the deck.53D251EA-7AAC-4D11-A343-6B6E26B700B9.jpeg

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I used the Island Racing valves that haknslash mentioned above. They worked our great. Here is a little post I did of the install if it helps at all.
Its post # 1,386 on this thread (the link should get you there if you wait for it to finish loading.

Also, just to warn you Island Racing has a bit of an unorthodox way of online ordering, but don't let it scare you off they are a good reputable company to work with.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Babin Farms I've been thinking about that.

I don't like how that makes a "high point" in the line. I'm not worried about flow through it to get TO the engine, but moreso for water to get OUT of the engine at the end of the season. It's like putting an inverted P-Trap in your line, and the water will only drain from the rest of the system as the highest point in the drain line. So there is some potential for the water to be trapped and freeze in the winter. I know you've had good success with it, but I'm just not a huge fan of that setup.

Secondarily, I want the larger opening back there anyway. These port holes are so dang small that they're about useless if you need to use them on the water for anything anyway. I think I'm going to repurpose the existing "tiny" opening as a trash can hole in the bow as well.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had the island racing valves on my 2013 212SS and just ordered them for my 2019 242SE. Like midnightrider said above, they do have a sketchy way of ordering... Basically they ask for your Credit Card number on an email you send to a generic address. I've ordered through them twice and have never had any issues.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes I have the valves already from island racing. They are local to me. I’m just worries about reaching the valves when installed as the seem so blocked compared to older boats

Last edited: