• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towable Recommendations

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use two and three person towables like those mentioned above, I also carry a few single person towables that I will tow at the same time so the kids can have bumper car types battles, its gets hilarious to watch quite often. Its really fun to put a really experienced water skier or wakeboarder out with a tuber, too.
I also wanted to try this, sounds like the kids would have a blast. What is the situation on the ropes, same length, different length? What about safety? Which single person ones do you use?

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Second this! If you get an inflatable, get one of these. It is hands down the best to inflate deflate things and it will do several on one charge. I usually carry a spare battery as well but never end up needing it. My buddy inflates his 16' zodiac with it and it does that thing in less than 3 minutes! Might be the best thing Ryobi makes!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess it all depends on what eco system you are in for the battery operated air. I am in the Dewalt Ecosystem so I have a multitude of batteries. So if you are in Dewalt this is what i use. It is Battery, DC and AC so you get all three options. Used it all last summer it was fantastic, plus you can dial in pressure set it down and walk away while it is inflating. Excellent for trailer tires too while on the road if needed. Also any type of sport balls. Has a led light built in if need to illuminate and does high speed deflation which works well.

Out of the 10 or 12 batteries I have from 2ah - 5ah, I take a few and throw them in the case and in the boat. Didn't need to recharge any of them all last summer.

The current price is a lot better than what i paid last year, by about $50 or so.

DEWALT 110-Volt Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Air Inflator (Power Source: Battery; Car; Electric) in the Air Inflators department at Lowes.com

Also, if helps. I also carry this as a backup. Saved my butt once when I unloaded the boat and didn't put the Dewalt bag back in.

WEST MARINE Bravo 4 ALU-R.E.D. Inflatable Boat Hand Pump | West Marine

Last edited:

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
+3 on the Ryobi inflator, it's all we use for our towable. We have two setups - I have three single person biscuit style tubes that we do battle of the tubes on , throw them all out back and everyone has a blast jumping from one to the other etc. Also have a four person Bandwagon from Sportstuff that is the kids favorite tube when we have friends over. Like another said, anything sport stuff is pretty bulletproof.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also wanted to try this, sounds like the kids would have a blast. What is the situation on the ropes, same length, different length? What about safety? Which single person ones do you use?
Big diameter single line (rated to tow a 4 person towable, with an integrated bungie) out the stern then individual tube lines to each tube. Everything ends up at the exact same length. If I'm doing a skier, etc, they get their own line from the tower, length up to them, but usually same overall length as the tubers. This will not work out well if you are incapable of multi-tasking, there is a lot for the driver to pay attention to. Also, this is not really the time to be whipping people around, you take it easy and just let them make their own fun. Maybe do some easy "S" turns to keep it interesting once in awhile.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it legal to tow multiple people on multiple ropes in most places? I guess I assumed this would be off limits.

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Need some recommendations for towables. I’m from the inner tube and knee board days...lol..What’s everyone towing these days for fun?
Had this for a couple years now -Kids love it!!!, Kids don't fly out often, since they sit in it (unless they try to fall out), tube inside is completely covered (much, much less risk if puncture), floors on both sides inflate seperately - easier on the butts, head rests etc. and when they are done tubing.....hop in one side fill the side with ice and your favorite adult berverage and enjoy.
1614377973541.png

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had this for a couple years now -Kids love it!!!, Kids don't fly out often, since they sit in it (unless they try to fall out), tube inside is completely covered (much, much less risk if puncture), floors on both sides inflate seperately - easier on the butts, head rests etc. and when they are done tubing.....hop in one side fill the side with ice and your favorite adult berverage and enjoy.
View attachment 143072

PS. i have twin boys so i needed a double one.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Costco has these in stock. Anyone use the striker 3 yet? 199 for the tube, pump, and 50ft rope.
Thanks. I’ll have to check that out. Hand pump I assume?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it legal to tow multiple people on multiple ropes in most places? I guess I assumed this would be off limits.
Its legal and been done for years everyplace I go boating. One local lake limits to one person only on weekends, thats about it.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does this inflator appropriately top off your inflatables, or do you have to leverage something else to ensure the proper fill?
Fills it perfectly..its all I use, sorry no other way to say it, but it fills it nice and hard. Very compact and battery lasts forever...i have it hanging in my port side storage for easy access.

D2A6466B-6FA6-40A2-81BA-99ABAE38E8E5.jpeg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anything Sportstuff or WOW you can't go wrong with quality and durability (I have the Poparazzi 3 person and Mable 4 person) don't cheap out...both over 6 years odl just take care of them. Both boys bring their friends and biggest thing they love all day long is they can ride together and all fall out together...priceless times. They both surf and board, but winner everytime with their friends is the towables..also the hot dog is a big hit. Neon Life Jackets if you can find them..big plus finding the kids after the fly off..lol

I installed a permanent inflator, but rarely gets used due to this #1 power tool on the boat.

Oh yea they are a pain and heavy, but that's what we do for our kids..Happy Boating!

Both deflated fit in the center locker, if I don't have the fatsac filled...I just take them out when we get home and drape them over the pool fence and keep them out of the sun. I keep all the tubes in here right next to the garage for easy access and next adventure, some members are fortunate they hang them in their garage or storage facility walls.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Second this! If you get an inflatable, get one of these. It is hands down the best to inflate deflate things and it will do several on one charge. I usually carry a spare battery as well but never end up needing it. My buddy inflates his 16' zodiac with it and it does that thing in less than 3 minutes! Might be the best thing Ryobi makes!

I third this - works great, is small and cordless so no need to plug into a 12v outlet.

We bought an HO Sports EXO-3 three person towable at Costco last year for $199 and it looks like they have the same one available now in a different color scheme:

I hate deflating the thing but the kids love it so you do what you’ve got to do. :)

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
c'mon it is bigger than the damn boat almost, :)