• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tower Bimini Pre-07 AR230

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone added a tower mounted bimini on the older boats. I hate the way the oem bimini rattles in rough water, plus it is a pain to open since I installed tower speakers. I looked at a lot of tower mounted at the ST Louis boat show and it looks pretty straight forward but no one sells a universal aftermarket unit.
Any ideas?

Found this one also, they look really nice and foldable... kind of expensive and may take some time to get but a quality product it looks like..

http://www.towerbiminis.com/#

Thanks Cowboy, I emailed them looks like what I am looking for

Ok, I admit it. I am a dummy. I never realized those years didn't have the tower-mounted bimini.

Funny this ckmes up. I was just thinking about this on the way to work. Couldn't we just buy one from Yamaha from a newer model AR230

hmmmmm, i wonder if it could be that easy.... you would have to order all the parts but i suppose it could be done...

Looks like it could be affordable. Need to compare measurements with a 2012 AR240.Screenshot_2014-03-05-19-33-46.png

Any 2012 AR240 owners have any comments about their pros/coins of their bimini tops? Has anyone tried this?

Has anyone put a 2012 tower bimini on an older ar-230 yet? I have 2005 and need a bimini - thanks!

I bought a 2008 bimini for my 2007. It had the same mounting points

It was from a dealer. Looked ay Yamaha Parts Net out of Washington but the freight was killer. I had a local dealer match the price plus 10%.

Thanks @JCampbell I will take a look at but might be too expensive. I was thinking of fabricating 1 myself and reusing the existing poles.

Funny this ckmes up. I was just thinking about this on the way to work. Couldn't we just buy one from Yamaha from a newer model AR230

I looked into doing that, it would end up being over $1200 to make the change :(

$650. I used dealer cost parts in Kalamazoo MI. I live in Illinois but they are 20 from the lake house. The upgrade was a must when I added the Wetsounds Rev8's

Back