• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speakers ... so many choices

I have a 2015 242 Limited S. I have enough top end sound but not much on the mid to low end. Is there a good subwoofer to use that can be mounted under a seat without punching a 16in hole? I dont think the Amp that is in the 242 is big enough to push more but I just want something that has an even sound though out an not so much "Tiny Tim"

I have a 2015 242 Limited S. I have enough top end sound but not much on the mid to low end. Is there a good subwoofer to use that can be mounted under a seat without punching a 16in hole? I dont think the Amp that is in the 242 is big enough to push more but I just want something that has an even sound though out an not so much "Tiny Tim"

If you plan on adding a subwoofer then plan on creating an opening.
A direct-radiating 10-inch infinite-baffle subwoofer will require a hole with around a 9" diameter.
The other approach, a sub driver loaded into a small sealed enclosure and then located/concealed within a seating console, will also require an opening or aperture to vent the bass radiation. The surface area of such an aperture/vent should ideally be about the same. Without the vent, the sub driver and sub amplifier will have to work 4 to 6 times harder to produce the same output, and will lose most of the bass sound quality.
So no short cuts on this. An opening for one or the other reason is going to be necessary.

Back