• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing jet boat behind house boat should you clamp-off water intake to protect engine ?

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's not the ribbed hose. The correct hose is a smooth hose. It may show in your owners manual where it is, or there are a few threads here that show it.

You're looking for a Y-fitting in the engine compartment, and the majority of people seem to have a red hose leading into the Y-fitting. Your boat may be different, but it hasn't seemed like Yamaha has changed these items over at least a 6 year time period. That's off the top of my head, and it may be a longer time frame than that. It has been verified in threads here that it's at least 2018-2020, that I can recall
I'll take a look next time I am at the storage facility. I was aware of what I was looking for, but didn't see any portion that wasn't ribbed. It was the y-fitting that the red hose ran to. Thanks for the tip though. I'll check again.