• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing LS2000-Bimini Up or Down

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm towing my LS2000 about 5 hours on Thursday. Am I supposed to tow it like this or do I unhook the back poles and fold it down? If you fold it down do you do anything to keep it from bouncing up?20200630_184249.jpg

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Off topic but man that's a great looking boat. My top has some 3 inch support poles for folding flat might be an easy addition

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I think it would depend on the condition of your cover. It looks better with the bimini up, but it could take a beating. I travel with mine down, no bounce. Great ride by the way; nice wrap.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it would depend on the condition of your cover. It looks better with the bimini up, but it could take a beating. I travel with mine down, no bounce. Great ride by the way; nice wrap.
Thank you my cover is in good shape but it does seem like that much travel up would add a lot of wear and tear. I decided to put it down and strap it to the rear cleats. Send like it should work well. Will find out tomorrow afternoon. 20200701_200835.jpg20200701_200846.jpg20200701_192704.jpg

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Have you thought about adding cobra fins? Thats the first upgrade mod I made and glad I did. Handles like night and day especially docking,loading and unloading. I had a choice to teach my wife and daughter to back the trailer or drive the boat. Cobra fins.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you thought about adding cobra fins? Thats the first upgrade mod I made and glad I did. Handles like night and day especially docking,loading and unloading. I had a choice to teach my wife and daughter to back the trailer or drive the boat. Cobra fins.
I've thought about but while I've only had the boat out once, I really didn't have too much trouble docking or getting it back on the trailer. I replaced a jet ski with this so I'm used to how you have to drive it. We'll see how I feel as time passes but I suspect if I get any fins it will be more for my wife and others driving but I don't really see other people doing much docking or loading so it probably won't be necessary.

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I pulled this weekend with Bimini rack up, secured the canopy. Pilled about 45 min to see how it reacted. Decided the frame might not sustain a 5 hour drive, so put it down, didn’t secure it, and had little to no bounce. The weight of it down on the rear deck was good. Just an FYI for anyone else wondering.