• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Aid

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the idea for the trailer but the truck, no. It's not going to help lift a 3/4ton truck. On long road trips I'll take my 3ton floor jack that way no matter what happens I'll be able to get any tire changed out in the event of a flat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the one time I changed a tire roadside, and when I pulled all four tires to take in for tire replacement, the jack that was included with my sierra worked great. It was strong, stable and I didn't need to purchase anything for the very few times I would ever use it.

I think some folks over prep for something that may never happen. And for those of us that have run into this situation, we made due with what we had. The truck jack is not a scissor style either, so it actually lifted easier and more stable than my floor jack.

Check out what you have with your tow vehicle. The biggest thing to consider is if you have the right wrench for the lug nuts.

Good luck,

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think some folks over prep for something that may never happen. And for those of us that have run into this situation, we made due with what we had. The truck jack is not a scissor style either, so it actually lifted easier and more stable than my floor jack.
I definitely overprep for long distance towing. When your going 8-20hrs away the last thing I want to do is not be prepared. Towed this down 10hrs away and took 5 spare tires, floor jack, spare battery, big 'ol toolbox, various ratchet straps, bungees, duct tape, tarp, wiring terminal box, impact, tons of blocking and whatever else I'm forgetting. Didnt need any of it but had it just in case. All I can say is been there done that.
1654803120945.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've never tried one, but understand they are commonly used (and liked) in the RV community.

Jim

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I definitely overprep for long distance towing. When your going 8-20hrs away the last thing I want to do is not be prepared. Towed this down 10hrs away and took 5 spare tires, floor jack, spare battery, big 'ol toolbox, various ratchet straps, bungees, duct tape, tarp, wiring terminal box, impact, tons of blocking and whatever else I'm forgetting. Didnt need any of it but had it just in case. All I can say is been there done that.
View attachment 180079
Come on...It's obvious you forgot bailing twine. ;)

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That thing works great I have one Jacking the trailer up has never worked for me it flexes and I don't have a heavy duty jack

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I guess my line of thinking was if you were on an uneven surface on the side of the highway type scenario. Often times you don't get a flat where you can pull off on a level surface. I have a 3 ton jack, bottle jack, battery powered impact wrench ect.. This was suggested to my by a friend as convenient alternative.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got something similar that I keep in my 30' RV trailer. It works well in ideal situations, so it's got that going for it. Where it sucks is when you get a flat tire along the highway, on the passenger side. The ground may or may not be solid enough to support the weight without the ramp sinking into the ground, rendering it useless. Ask me how I know. 😏 Short trips I'd risk it, but longer trips I now take a real floor jack.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Come on...It's obvious you forgot bailing twine. ;)
Reminds me of a story but with bailing wire. My very first car in 1976 (when I was a lad of 16), was a real rustbucket, a '67 Buick Special. One day coming home from work, the gas tank partially dropped as one of the two straps holding it in place had broken. A good Samaritan stopped and we used bailing wire to pull the tank up into place until I could get home where I made a new strap by twisting four pieces of bailing wire together.

Jim

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I carry one. Make sure to get one that has the bolts on the bottom. Its Capable of getting either wheel on my trailer off the ground by an inch or so. But results may vary. Tongue height will play a factor also. Test it before you need it.
View media item 3362
View media item 3361
View media item 3360

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for sharing. It looks as if you definatley need that extra pad to get the other wheel high enough.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I guess my line of thinking was if you were on an uneven surface on the side of the highway type scenario. Often times you don't get a flat where you can pull off on a level surface. I have a 3 ton jack, bottle jack, battery powered impact wrench ect.. This was suggested to my by a friend as convenient alternative.
This is true. And mine worked probably because I was able to tow it to the next exit to a flat parking lot. Good thing for two axles.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 180079
I hear ya, lots can go wrong with something like that.

When we towed our boat back from South Carolina, I brought loads of extra tools, impact etc. As I didn't know the condition of the trailer. So when the tire did fail, I was happy to have them, but made due with what I had. Impact was money for sure.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I take a floor jack and my cordless impact in addition to full set of tools on long trips.....even without a trailer. As with biffdotorg above I also have a range of stuff in my rear seat storage areas. That looks interesting though.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 180079
LOL - Don't kid yourself. You're not camping, you're just plain moving! :)

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thank you guys for reminding me to bring my BFH, I completely forgot to put that in the truck!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great for doing maintenance New stainless steel calipers being installed

20220610_143423_resized.jpg