• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trailer brake question

Neither did much work on boat trailers and it was tough finding anyone that did around me. Both claimed to see plenty of surge drum brake combos but not surge disc brake combos. The trailer place expected that they would have all the parts after eyeballing it but ended having just the caliper mounting bolts. Uhaul found the brake pads easily and got the lug nuts/bolts from o'reilly autoparts.

The caliper mounting bolts vibrated out on one side of my trailer this summer. Rather than just have the caliper remounted and the line between the calipers repaired I went ahead and replaced the pads, had the bearings repacked and replaced a few stripped lugs as well. I also ended up replacing two tires. Nothing makes you appreciate how important your trailer is until it becomes non operational during boating season.

Last edited:
Back