• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer jack?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry I don't know the weight range you need but it should be easy enough to compare what you have (dimension / size wise) to what is available. I would just be sure to buy as big if not bigger than stock. The capacity will be a lot less than what the boat and trailer weigh which is understandable since the recommended tongue weight for trailering purposes is just 10% of the boat and trailer's weight. However, I do recommend the fulton f2 series because it has other features and options which are useful like the handle lock to keep the handle from swinging freely and the wheel lock. It also comes in two variants, two thin wheels or one large one. They look great as well but they are relatively expensive. If you plan to use the existing mount (not possible with an f2) you will probably need a "c clip" tool as well, a big one. Good luck on your hunt, whatever you decide.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have never used a jack with 2 wheels. But, I could only imagine it would make things a lot better.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was looking at mine this past weekend and it said either 1200 or 1800lbs, I can't recall. It's a Fulton.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My f2 is rated for 1600 lbs. I've seen non f2s and off brands start at 800 lbs. the trailer valet is cool but get the original not the knock off from overtons. I got the latter and broke it on the first use plus it didn't work well at all for me anyway. Also be prepared for the cost, the real deal is $400, the imi is $200 and f2s are around $140 loaded. All a far cry from the $25 to $50 range from stock.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just my opinion, but unless you're planning on manually wheeling the boat around inside of a garage or something, I wouldn't buy a jack with a wheel on it.

I've been using cargo trailers with wheeled jacks for 25 years, they're generally not that easy to move... unless you don't want it to move. Like when you take the trailer off the tow vehicle on less than level ground, and the trailer starts moving towards the vehicle!

My boat trailer came with an aftermarket Bully jack with a flat shoe on the bottom of it... I love it! The trailer stays where I drop it, with no shifting around.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would think that without a wheel hooking up the trailer to the tow vehicle would be more difficult since you can only reposition the tow vehicle not the trailer.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That may be true... but I have a backup camera that puts me dead center under the hitch, first time, every time. Before that, my youngest son would stand on the hitch and direct me back with hand signals, he was really good at it LOL. Even with the wheel-less jack, I can get an inch or two wiggle room left or right if it's just a bit off-center.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Me too, that is I usually get he alignment right on the first try even solo bu I have the help of a rear view camera and a hitchin stick (long fiberglass rod with a magnet on the bottom to out on the ball, when it falls over I know the alignment is right) but many don't have these aids so a wheel would come in handy. Sometimes I have my son or a guest help/ ask for a spotter but this usually lengthens instead of shortens she process.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've never had blacktop/concrete where my trailers were parked, so it never really mattered, hahaha!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine broke about a month ago it wasn't through a lack of lubrication as it's greased regularly, Over the years i have needed to replace about 3 of these on different Trailers and have always gone for the highest weight spec available, I used a 2500lb this time so we will see how long this one lasts, The fault was the same as usual the small cog connected to the handle had cracked and of course not available even though it would have been a 2 minute job to change it, Same problem every time, Sorry about the poor Picture quality but I'm sure you get the jist, Good Luck

IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1437.JPG
If you look closely at 9 and 3 0 clock you can see the break usual fault
IMG_1421.JPG
Looking down the Jockey wheel stantion tube it's well greased
IMG_1572.JPG
The quality of galvanizing on the new one is appalling

Attachments

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I upgraded mine to the Harbor Freight model listed above. The stock jack didn't lift high enough and seemed unstable. The new jack fit in the stock location with small modifications and works great. It also was not expensive. The dual wheels are nice as well.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the idea of not having a wheel. Mine wont roll in my driveway anyway and any "adjustments" to get it on the hitch are mostly the trailer and jack flexing a tad. Cam.