• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer light out 2013 Shorlander, anyone know what bulb to get

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im taking a 3+hour road trip to New Hampshire next Sunday and the wife told the passenger side rear light is out on the trailer. Anyone know the bulb part and how easy is it to change??

It's probably not the bulb rather the wiring. Did you check it for voltage? Trailer wiring can be a huge pain.

Thanks Cam but I have issues with cutting wires on a relatively new trailer. Now my Jet Ski trailer... well thats another story and I will get these today for that one.

It's probably not the bulb rather the wiring. Did you check it for voltage? Trailer wiring can be a huge pain.
Im no expert but I think a bulb would go before the wiring on a 2 year old trailer

I also changed out my incandescent bulbs with LEDs on my Shorelandr. It was very easy as there is plenty of extra length in the looms that allow you to make your splices. I used some heat shrink connectors and also put heat shrink tube over the top for an extra measure of safety. You can get all of that at any True Value or Ace Hardware. Now I don't worry at all about water intrusion or a burned out bulb.

Im no expert but I think a bulb would go before the wiring on a 2 year old trailer

It's not the wiring but the ground contacting the frame. There is no dedicated ground wire to each light on a trailer, the frame is the ground and wires are attached at various points. I kept blowing incandescent bulbs the first year and switched out to LED the next. It's the way to go, but I would pull the bulb and take it with me to auto parts store. It's probably 4 screws to pull off lens and twist the bulb out.

My bulb went out on the trailer, never in salt water, always disconnected before putting into water. So yes it does happen. very easy to change. I think it's an 1157 bulb.

Ummmm....it could just be a burned out bulb....lol. Sell the whole thing and buy a 2016 next month!:winkingthumbsup"

Ummmm....it could just be a burned out bulb....lol. Sell the whole thing and buy a 2016 next month!:winkingthumbsup"
Hummmmm...... Perhaps a 24 footer?/ No Im good with my boat especially all the fishing mods it has. It was 2 screws to drop the clear assembly and I removed the bulb. It was good so I put it back and Now it works. Picked up those LEDs for my Jet ski trailer anyway. I might go with them on my Shore too.
PS: Harbor Fright should be a monthly visit for All Men

I didn't mean to imply the wiring is bad. I have problems on my 2013 shorelandr and it's the connection to truck harness. I was simply stating to check for voltage first before determining the bulb or unit is bad.

I also just had the same problem and it was the POS pin adapter I bought from Lowes.

Do the bolts on the haarbor freight lights line up to the bolt holes in the shorlandr tailers?

Back