• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Rims

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm probably going to replace the stock tires with the Goodyear Endurance tires in the spring. I was also thinking of getting new rims and found quite a few different styles on RecStuff.com. Anyone bought rims from there and want to share some pics of what they look like?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm probably going to replace the stock tires with the Goodyear Endurance tires in the spring. I was also thinking of getting new rims and found quite a few different styles on RecStuff.com. Anyone bought rims from there and want to share some pics of what they look like?
I also went with Recstuff. Called them directly, very easy to deal with, offered to work with me on price. Had them shipped to my house, bought the Endurance tires from Discount Tire who also will beat any price you can show them. Made a huge difference , the previous owner saw me one day, and asked me why I bought a new trailer .. new rims 242.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are or did either of you move up to a 15” rim and tire or did you stay with the stock 14”s?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are or did either of you move up to a 15” rim and tire or did you stay with the stock 14”s?
For a few different reasons, I decided to stay with the 14's.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rec Stuff here too for mine, excellent results

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For a few different reasons, I decided to stay with the 14's.
care to elaborate further? Looking to replace the wheels and tires in the near future...

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also went with Recstuff. Called them directly, very easy to deal with, offered to work with me on price. Had them shipped to my house, bought the Endurance tires from Discount Tire who also will beat any price you can show them. Made a huge difference , the previous owner saw me one day, and asked me why I bought a new trailer .. View attachment 109828
You guys go to the New hope overlook ramp at Jordan? I swear almost every weekend I was there last summer I saw a white Q7 towing a 24 yammi of some sort.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
care to elaborate further? Looking to replace the wheels and tires in the near future...
Good Morning, I am going to copy my reply to Ronnie and others on this, hope it helps you.

"I remember seeing the posts about the 15's having a greater load capacity, I think that makes good sense to go up a size. But for me, the 14's were plenty stout. My low tech thinking was that the trailer already sits quite high, and I tow with a relatively small SUV. As it is, launching the boat requires me to back down so far that the tail pipes are touching the water. If the 15's made the boat sit any higher, I would have water in the cars cup holders.
I also considered the roads I typically ride on here in NC and surrounding states. Our highways are excellent, and I don't feel the need for the heavier wheels.
There was also some concern that the larger tires might make contact with the fenders, even if I cut back the thru bolts.

We pull the boat a fair distance,and so far haven't regretted the choice of the 14's."

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You guys go to the New hope overlook ramp at Jordan? I swear almost every weekend I was there last summer I saw a white Q7 towing a 24 yammi of some sort.
Yep, that has been our go to ramp for the last 5 or 6 years, when we are at Jordan. Maybe one day they will open it up again !!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep, that has been our go to ramp for the last 5 or 6 years, when we are at Jordan. Maybe one day they will open it up again !!
Awesome! Then I saw you a bunch last summer. HAH! Seemed we were on a similar schedule. I'm sure I'll see you out there once they open it back up!! We put in there and head all the way up near Farrington.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! Then I saw you a bunch last summer. HAH! Seemed we were on a similar schedule. I'm sure I'll see you out there once they open it back up!! We put in there and head all the way up near Farrington.
Absolutely, looking forward to it.