• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transom Drain... what next???

You are going to need to get a sealant, better than washers, 3m 4200 will work well for this. 5200 fast cure if you want it there permantly.

Last edited:
Personally, I would recommend the 4200. Yes, @zipper has the magic stuff to remove 5200 (which is why now I do, too). But be aware that 'permanent' means like concrete permanent. For me, if the flap ever breaks or the thing corrodes or something, I will want to replace it. Therefore, 4200 is on my scupper.

And, while @zipper is also undoubtedly correct on the point about using sealant, I do believe that mine came with a rubber washer...

Back