• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tullytown Cove, PA

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were there with the chain of 4-5 Yamaha’s in the middle of the cove on Sunday.
Mine is the non factory Abaco green 242
Hot as hell on Sunday....Come say hi lol

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20180703_230926.jpg

Had alot of setbacks, but the DJ has confirmed he will be there. Dead low tide is approximately 530. Cornhole, horseshoes, lawn darts, etc. Should be a blast!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Water was cleaner with much less debris floating around last night. Went south into Andalusia... Didn't quite get to the Linden boat ramp area but had some great cat fishing!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Didn't feel like making the trek up to the cove this morning as we only had a few hours' time. Anchored at the beaches just north of the rancocas on the east side - beautiful spot. Nice sandy beach, far enough away from the channel that boat wakes weren't an issue. Basically the sandbar but available all the time. Might be our new favorite spot.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean that's a cool spot but gets crowded. Hung out there many times. It's really nice during the week.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean that's a cool spot but gets crowded. Hung out there many times. It's really nice during the week.
Yeah, we've passed it a few times when it was nuts (though not worse than the cove or sandbar on a nice day). We were the only boat out today, which I thought was crazy considering how nice it was. When we were pulling anchor around 12, one other boat showed up. We're slipped at dredge, so will be a nice spot when we dont feel like burning fuel to go north.

Soda3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hey guys just got a yamaha sx192. We previously kept our old boat down the shore, we are keeping the new boat up this way to use it more. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow boaters. We currently use the neshaminy boat ramp. Any good spots that anyone goes to along the river worth checking out?

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome... Tullytown cove is a nice spot about 20 minutes north. A little further north is the Bordentown Sand bar. Curtains is a good spot for food and fuel on the river, thats just north of the burlington Bridge.. Scroll through the 10 pages in this thread, and you'll see details about some other spots and things to do and such. Lots of great people locally.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to check out these spots tomorrow - It looks like I can put in at Neshaminy boat ramp and then head north hitting Tullytown cove and then the Bordentown sandbar after that. Low tide is 11 AM so I think we should be good to find the sandbar around 12 PM.

Tomorrow looks like a nice weather forecast. Will these places be packed? Any other tips or things to note?

Maybe we will see other jetboaters tomorrow and look forward to it

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Going to check out these spots tomorrow - It looks like I can put in at Neshaminy boat ramp and then head north hitting Tullytown cove and then the Bordentown sandbar after that. Low tide is 11 AM so I think we should be good to find the sandbar around 12 PM.

Tomorrow looks like a nice weather forecast. Will these places be packed? Any other tips or things to note?

Maybe we will see other jetboaters tomorrow and look forward to it
Sandbar starts popping out about an hour before low tide. I usually shoot to get there about 30 minutes before dead low tide. We may be over there tomorrow too.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This anybody here? Was tied up at Dredge Harbor today, looks brand new - not even any registration numbers.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We might try to get out sometime after 4, anyone gonna be out there?

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ended up getting stuck in shore traffic coming back from OCMD... missed our window

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure how you do it on this river. Today was a disaster ending with one engine down due to tree limbs lodged in the jet. I was at tullytown cover/sand area and decided to pull into that D&S Marina since it would have been hard to make it back to Neshaminy where we launched on one engine and I was not getting the junk out while on the water. We took an uber to get the truck/trailer and then came back to get the boat from a make-shift boat ramp. Diapers, bottles, trees, etc.

Does anyone else have problems in this stretch of water and the Delaware? I spent as much time pulling the pump today as I did boating.

Picture of my pump and a picture of the area at D&S Marina near the dock where we pulled out???? Holy - CRAP

IMG_2160.JPG IMG_2153.JPG

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry to hear but yea, definitely not a clean river, we are rolling the dice every time we go out... I try to avoid going out after heavy rain and wind but sometimes there are minefields of debris no matter the conditions

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This weekend was the worst I have seen the river in two years. We had such a long dry spell, and then all of last weeks storms - flushed it out pretty good. Saturday was 10x worse than Sunday. Just gotta play stick slalom - luckily I only had to stop once yesterday when the smallest friggin twig got stuck.

FWIW, I've only had to pull a cleanout plug twice this whole summer, and I'm at close to 40 hours so far this season.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW, I've only had to pull a cleanout plug twice this whole summer, and I'm at close to 40 hours so far this season.
Good to know and maybe the newer boats have a better design that cuts down on issues with debris. I find that in the few times I have had an issue the clean out didn't help and it was more of a stick/branch that would not come out without pulling the jet. This is my 3rd time I have had to pull the pump in 5 seasons.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, plug wouldn't have helped that stick you caught. I have no idea how it got by the impeller intact, at that size.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sunday the debris was pretty bad. @seanmclean if that Blue 240 was around the cove on Sunday I did see it a couple times. The cove wasn't too busy when I pulled in but we didn't arrive until 4:30 ish. Swam around for a bit then got the tube out and went north a little bit to avoid the traffic.. I've only needed my cleanout port twice so far this year and both times was very early on. I've been lucky that the crap just comes free...