• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tullytown Cove, PA

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wet slip at D&S, thought about other ways about doing my boating but with 3 young kids the wet slip takes away a bunch of other headaches.
I'm going to be out tomorrow if anyone is around, thinking of running south towards the city and having a bit of lunch on the water.
Where do you dock/eat down near the city?

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We dock right at Penn's Landing Marina...just need to hail the dock master for a transient slip...pretty cheap...then head up to Spruce St Harbor Park, grab a bite and a beer.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spruce street park is nice when it isn't too busy.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weather forecast seems to have improved for tonight. Probably heading south to catch the view!

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Farmdog267 did you make it out, we were out in the middle part of the day...nice run but I had 2 soccer practices tonight

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Farmdog267 did you make it out, we were out in the middle part of the day...nice run but I had 2 soccer practices tonight
@LeeFlan7 Yes, wife and I made it out last night. Lots of jet skis and people fishing. Debris levels weren't bad and we had a nice run south. Didn't hit the ben franklin bridge; stopped before it and just hung out and enjoyed. Got caught in the storms headed home.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dredge Harbor just pissed me right the fuck off. Paid $16-1800 for our slip last year with water and power (to keep the batteries topped up). Renewed again this year for $1800. Went down to set up the slip and bring our box down and whatnot, power wasn't working. Figured they had to turn a breaker on or something. Nope, they want to charge a thousand dollars for power. Looks like we'll be back to being trailer people.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, That seems very steep for electric for the season. Surprising they didn't mention this to you at the time you renewed.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, That seems very steep for electric for the season. Surprising they didn't mention this to you at the time you renewed.
Agreed. They said they left electric on 'by accident' last year, despite the fact that I was specifically looking for slips with water and power. The right thing, IMO, would have been to just turn it on for me this year and inform me that in future years I'd need to pay the higher fee.

D&S charge $125 for the season...$1000 is excessive
Its insane. I can power my house for 3-4 months on $1,000. Curtins only charges an extra $60 IF you use AC, included otherwise. Sweetwater down on the mullica is only an extra $100 or so for electric for my size boat. Apparently 2 of the marinas in that little cove off the rancocas have closed, so I bet they have much more demand than usual and are trying to cash in (they had lots of empty slips last year). I'm pissed.

Oh well, I'll spend less on fuel this summer and maybe take the boat different places than just the Delaware.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about Dredge, people are usually pretty happy with that place... Try putting in at Hawk Island, they have a nice ramp but its up to $20 per launch or $400 for a season. Im sure ill see you out there this season.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was really happy about it up until this happened. I was pretty heated last week, but I'm just about over it. We picked up a season pass for Curtins for $125. I might do Hawk Island once in awhile, especially if we're headed to camden/philly as it'll save 20 minutes of running.

Weekend is looking nice, I think we'll be hanging out in the Cove on saturday. Anyone see what water temps are like yet?

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm working till 2 today. Got some gardening to take care of if it isn't terribly muddy. Might sneak out tonight for a bit, not sure. Looking hard at Blue Marsh lake for tomorrow! Any status about debris level in the river?? I was last out on Tuesday May 7... Enjoy your weekend!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm working till 2 today. Got some gardening to take care of if it isn't terribly muddy. Might sneak out tonight for a bit, not sure. Looking hard at Blue Marsh lake for tomorrow! Any status about debris level in the river?? I was last out on Tuesday May 7... Enjoy your weekend!
Good bit of debris out, but not too bad to navigate through. All the rain this week really flushed it out.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, I'll reassess my debris statement. It was bad, bad enough that when we went to leave the bristol docks I had so much debris I couldn't put the boat in forward or reverse (that was fun to find out, after we had already pushed off). Then I had a stick so big in my cleanout that I couldn't even close my hand around the diameter - it eventually floated out as we idled back to Burlington.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
sounds like fun... lol we’re gonna head out tomorrow

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last night was nasty for debris, we left the cove and did about a mile in each direction before calling it.

Today was the opposite, nice ride, some wings at Curtins, threw a fishing line in and caught some nasty eels, all on top of the sun being out and it feeling like summer...

FINALLY!!!!