• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tullytown Cove, PA

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a nice time up at Blue Marsh Lake yesterday. Hopefully getting out on the river 1 or 2 days before Memorial day.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What was the water temperature? Warm enough to get in? That's the closest lake to me. I live near Harrisburg.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were at Beltzville Lake sunday for a few hours. Water was still too chilly for me, but the kids got in and tubed a bit.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Blue marsh was chilly but doable for a short period. The hot and humid air and the beating sun made to colder water a bit more tolerable!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone headed to Penns Landing tonight for the fire works?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Anyone headed to Penns Landing tonight for the fire works?
If I'd known about them sooner I would've gone. Unfortunately, we made other plans at this point.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know what the deal with Burlington Island is? Used to be that it was prohibited to be on the island, but lately we've been seeing tons of boats beached there or tied up just offshore, and nobody seems to mind.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone know what the deal with Burlington Island is? Used to be that it was prohibited to be on the island, but lately we've been seeing tons of boats beached there or tied up just offshore, and nobody seems to mind.
I know they have been doing a few clean up projects on the island this year removing a lot of trash and scrap that was dumped there. Not sure if they have anything planned for the island in the future. I've never stopped there because of the prohibited signs.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Anyone going out this weekend? lol The river is going to be a disaster for a little bit... Hope everyone is alright with the flooding

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just about to post the same thing. Didn't look terrible from 295 this morning, but as things start flushing out should be dicey for a couple days. Planning to go out Sunday, if anyone goes out Saturday please share some intel!

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We figured just head down the shore Saturday and avoid it all together, well be in the Barnaget Inlet area...

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If its too windy to go fishing on Sunday out in the ocean or shark river, I might try for either Barnaget bay or just the river. Flooding in Montgomery County has been decent. Pennypack creek is pretty wild and partially flooded some of my works lot... Don't even want to think about what the river will be like.

It looks like more of the same type of weather and storms early next week as well. Hopefully this pattern changes!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its kind of funny with the weather and all, but I'll be busy Saturday training a new water rescue team.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I might take a quick ride out on the wave runner on Saturday evening just to check things out.
I am supposed to have a couple of kids and their parents from my sons soccer team come out with us on Sunday so I just want to check the river is ok.

@D3nN1s what ramp do you use at Barnegat Bay? We've been playing with the idea of going out down there but Im pretty clueless where to go

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I might take a quick ride out on the wave runner on Saturday evening just to check things out.
I am supposed to have a couple of kids and their parents from my sons soccer team come out with us on Sunday so I just want to check the river is ok.

@D3nN1s what ramp do you use at Barnegat Bay? We've been playing with the idea of going out down there but Im pretty clueless where to go
Barnegat Twp has a public ramp it’s on east bay ave. 10$ for the day, plenty of parking, wide ramp, bathrooms... plus it’s a nice straight shot to the lighthouse and inlet. Low tide offers a couple nice sandbars and during high tide you can always anchor just off of island beach state park across from the lighthouse. The channels are all pretty well marked but if you have navionics on your phone you’ll be fine...

Last time we were up there we checked out forked river. Looked really nice, had a couple restaurants with boat slips, but we couldn’t check them out cause we had the pup with us. I snapped a pin on the below photos so you can get an idea where it’s at. 9738497385

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Tiki Bar at Forked River is pretty good, nice waterfront seating so you can have lunch and watch the boats go by. Thanks for the ramp intel, I was trying to scout it out when I was at the Tiki Bar for Fathers day, but only saw a couple sketchy looking ones with really limited parking.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yeah probably one of the ones we passed by, they had a jimmy buffet cover band playing on a small beach area... this ramp is township owned I believe and has someone there whenever they are open. I’ve never had a problem there (Besides the green heads when they are out). There’s also a fishing/ crabbing area there and sometimes live music...

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(Besides the green heads when they are out
Ok, I'll bite, what's a greenhead? New term to me.....

Edit: quick google search, it's a fly, not just a new term for a Conservation Officer. I think we refer to them as horseflies up here; or maybe they're not the same thing?

Last edited: