• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Twin engine

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay so I pickup my new 210 FSH on the 23rd and have a general engine question.

With Twin engines in the 210 FSH, can I run the boat on a single engine under normal circumstances? Would it cause a damage?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it would. You could fill other engine with water and when you tey to start it would seize and wreck that engine. There are many theeads here on it.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are many great threads on that topic. You can operate with one engine safely at no wake speeds. As your speed increases, water will begin to flow into the intake of the engine that is off. If you go fast enough and long enough, that water will eventually fill the exhaust system and flow into the cylinders with open exhaust valves. Then if you try to start that engine you realize the result of water’s inability to compress. Solutions are clamping the intake, installing shutoff valves or just going slow. If you screw up long enough and think there may be water in the cylinders, you just remove the spark plugs and crank the engine to shoot out any water, then reinstall, start and run it hard for a while to steam out any remaining water.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay thanks guys. I figured as much. I searched and read a few but it wasn’t really coming up. Im
assuming they are buried in other topic names.
the jet boats I’m used to driving didn’t have this issue and I didn’t want an uhoh out the gate!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My best advice is to also install some ball valves on the water I take line from the jet going to the engine. This will help if You ever want to flush on the water, and if you have an issue and need towed or run on one engine you can isolate the dead engine (s).

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay so I pickup my new 210 FSH on the 23rd and have a general engine question.

With Twin engines in the 210 FSH, can I run the boat on a single engine under normal circumstances? Would it cause a damage?
Yes. Split the sticks to get it to spin on it’s axis. If you want to run one motor either way, just start and leave the other idling to prevent any water ingestion.