• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ultra Nautics Jet Star 1250

Lance Link

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just bought a Jetstar 1250 from a neighbor in turn-key condition. The only upgrade it needs is a new stereo, the original one having a cassette deck (LOL). This thing runs like a scalded cat, and feels like an Italian convertible on a country road.

Anyone out there have this boat?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please post some pics of your new boat. I've never heard of this brand/model.

Roland

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just finished restoring a 1991 Jetstar. Virtually everything cosmetic has been replaced as she was a mess and had been neglected and was sitting under a tree for years. Picked her up for a mere $400 on Craigslist eight months ago. Haven't taken her out for a full run on the water yet, but her suzuki motor does hum like sleeping rhinocerous. Here she is at dock while I tested the hull for leaks. Unfortunately, she was taking on too much water at the steering linkage thru-hull and was taxing the bilge pumps. I ordered a new boot and hopefully she'll be sea worthy soon!
jetstar.jpg

Jammie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was wondering where did you order all the cosmetic items for your boat. I just bought a 89 jetstar today. Would like to fix it up a bit.

m@tt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a clean 90hp out of an Ultranautics if either of you is looking for a replacement. You can message me for pics and details. Located in Houston TX. I have the jet too but it's currently completely dismantled...haven't gotten around to putting all the new parts back together yet.

CapnDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What kind of shape is the pump in and what year is the boat? I had a heck of a time tracking down parts. I ended up measuring everything and once I realized it was all metric I was able to find most of the seals and bearings.

Jammie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What is your asking price for the engine? And what year did it come out of? Thanks

m@tt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I believe they are out of a 1991 Jet Star. I disassembled the entire pump and took all the bearings and seals to my father-in-law's bearing shop for exact replacements. They are all still wrapped up in the box. Including the new bearings I've probably got 500 tied up. Make me an offer! I'll try to post some pics this afternoon. Email is houstonmat@gmail.

Kurt Kolby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just finished restoring a 1991 Jetstar. Virtually everything cosmetic has been replaced as she was a mess and had been neglected and was sitting under a tree for years. Picked her up for a mere $400 on Craigslist eight months ago. Haven't taken her out for a full run on the water yet, but her suzuki motor does hum like sleeping rhinocerous. Here she is at dock while I tested the hull for leaks. Unfortunately, she was taking on too much water at the steering linkage thru-hull and was taxing the bilge pumps. I ordered a new boot and hopefully she'll be sea worthy soon!
View attachment 41753
What type of spark plugs are you using.. there are autolite 4093 in mine.. not sure those are the correct plugs

Kurt Kolby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 41753
Also my gas cap is no good... did you replace yours... I see that it looks chrome and low profile... mine is black plastic

hrpuffinstuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Other
Just bought a Jetstar 1250 from a neighbor in turn-key condition. The only upgrade it needs is a new stereo, the original one having a cassette deck (LOL). This thing runs like a scalded cat, and feels like an Italian convertible on a country road.

Anyone out there have this boat?
I have had a 1250 Since new. Been a load of fun. I can give you some pointers. I really haven't had many problems with the boat.As long as the stereo will fit and not too powerful for the speakers unless you upgrade should not be a problem.

Robertas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Hello maybe somebody heve jet star 1991 60hp Suzuki engine parts

hrpuffinstuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Other
Hello maybe somebody heve jet star 1991 60hp Suzuki engine parts
There was a fellow selling a motor on this site a bit hopped up but has all the parts. Check Jetstar threads

Mickey Butler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a clean 90hp out of an Ultranautics if either of you is looking for a replacement. You can message me for pics and details. Located in Houston TX. I have the jet too but it's currently completely dismantled...haven't gotten around to putting all the new parts back together yet.
Hi Mickey here. I’m interested in the pump and or pump parts. Do you have an engine as well. Thanks. Mickey email: atom1smasher@optonline.net

Robison50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not sure if anyone is in the market. But I have an 88 jetstar 1250 for sale. All original. Never been titled so it’s a no owner boat. A family member owned a Suzuki dealership in the late 80’s and kept it when he sold the place. It has lass then 5 hours on it as it was just a demo boat. Email me at adrobison50@gmail.com if interested

Attachments

Robison50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not sure if anyone is in the market. But I have an 88 jetstar 1250 for sale. All original. Never been titled so it’s a no owner boat. A family member owned a Suzuki dealership in the late 80’s and kept it when he sold the place. It has lass then 5 hours on it as it was just a demo boat. Email me at adrobison50@gmail.com if interested

Attachments