• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ultra Nautics Jet Star 1250

61fj40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm interested if you still have it.

Mickey Butler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a clean 90hp out of an Ultranautics if either of you is looking for a replacement. You can message me for pics and details. Located in Houston TX. I have the jet too but it's currently completely dismantled...haven't gotten around to putting all the new parts back together yet.
I am interested in motor and pump. Thanks. Mickey. 631-935-2432 text

hrpuffinstuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Other
I have a facebook page just started for Ultranautic owners since there are so few of us!!

French Caper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I picked up a 1991 1250 Jetstar. Boat in very good shape. Needs some Tlc. Does anyone have a repair manual for Suzuki j6001. Engine is running but no power. Looks like fuel issues but need info on carbs and not having very much luck in finding parts. Any help would be great.

Mickey Butler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just finished restoring a 1991 Jetstar. Virtually everything cosmetic has been replaced as she was a mess and had been neglected and was sitting under a tree for years. Picked her up for a mere $400 on Craigslist eight months ago. Haven't taken her out for a full run on the water yet, but her suzuki motor does hum like sleeping rhinocerous. Here she is at dock while I tested the hull for leaks. Unfortunately, she was taking on too much water at the steering linkage thru-hull and was taxing the bilge pumps. I ordered a new boot and hopefully she'll be sea worthy soon!
View attachment 41753
Looking for decals. Have a 92 Jetstar and maybe a 90 hp to go through over the winter. Thanks. Mickey

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I know this is a old post but wonder if anybody still has there JetStar or remembers what they had. im looking for some parts and running into little to no help from other boaters. I`m guessing this was kind of a rare boat company?.
Does anybody have any parts left or know of someone who does?
I need whats called the (scoop) it goes on the bottom of the jet drive that forces the water up into the drive.
also need a few body parts such as engine compartment latches.
any help would be awesome.

Attachments

CapnDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Finding a scoop will be tough. Is it a Suzuki or the 90 force ? Different pump set ups. A lot more Suzuki's than Force out there. Look on Ebay.
The latches should be easy to find. They are probably made by Perko. Measure the size and you can probably find it on Ebay again.

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Finding a scoop will be tough. Is it a Suzuki or the 90 force ? Different pump set ups. A lot more Suzuki's than Force out there. Look on Ebay.
The latches should be easy to find. They are probably made by Perko. Measure the size and you can probably find it on Ebay again.
thanks for the reply dan

all I know about the motor is what the guy told me it came out of a crate when he got it and it was supposed to go into a wet bike and the original owner passed away before he could install it and now it has about 10 hours on it now the guy i got it from says. and it does look brand new not a mark on it..and I did get some numbers off of it. DJ5001 and F12763 or 8 cant read the last number but looks like a 3.
has Spirit Marine then Suzuki motor company

stamped on the side of the block is a S 952 made in japan

ill look for the latches on ebay and perko. these are the engine cover latches I need.

thanks
tom

Last edited:

CapnDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That would be the Suzuki Jet pump then. The two pumps are totally different and not interchangeable. Any Jetstar that is not a
three cylinder 90 hp will have the same parts as yours. The pump should have lower unit oil in it. Check it for water. The shaft seals
rot out and allow water into the gearcase. Bearings and seals can be sized by metric and are readily found. You also share the same pump as
the wetbike but not sure if the intake is the same. Parts seem to be more easily found by searching under the wetbike as there is still a good following on those with after market parts.

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I have a facebook page just started for Ultranautic owners since there are so few of us!!
I tried to find your fb page but couldn't?

whats the name on it

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
That would be the Suzuki Jet pump then. The two pumps are totally different and not interchangeable. Any Jetstar that is not a
three cylinder 90 hp will have the same parts as yours. The pump should have lower unit oil in it. Check it for water. The shaft seals
rot out and allow water into the gearcase. Bearings and seals can be sized by metric and are readily found. You also share the same pump as
the wetbike but not sure if the intake is the same. Parts seem to be more easily found by searching under the wetbike as there is still a good following on those with after market parts.
good to know, I found a wet bike web site. also I`m still looking for the drain/fill holes for the lower unit still cant find them. im going to go to a couple of boat junk yards near me and hope I find some parts. thanks Dan

CapnDan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I sold my Jetstar this spring after a complete restoration of the engine and pump. The boat was perfect on the outside. It sold for $3800 so buyers will pay for nice ones. I had it for three years and it performed great.
My drains were underneath but I believe yours are in the engine bay and hard to get to or see . I thought I saw someone pulled the engine to do it but not sure. I found a post on it some where. Keep changing your search info.
Check out mini boat madness on FB if you haven't.

Ashleyk7399

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Hi all, I bought a JetStar years ago with the intention of restoring it. Priorities changed and its been just sitting. If anyone is interested, it could be easily restored.. or used for parts. I do believe the boat is complete.. except the windshield I think. The boat come out of VA before they titled boats, so I don't believe there is a title and I don't know the process for getting one.. that is a large part of the reason I haven't tackled fixing it up.. that, and life. Anyways, let me know if anyone would be interested. Located near Pittsburgh. 412.478.7399 Texts only. Thanks - Ashley

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I sold my Jetstar this spring after a complete restoration of the engine and pump. The boat was perfect on the outside. It sold for $3800 so buyers will pay for nice ones. I had it for three years and it performed great.
My drains were underneath but I believe yours are in the engine bay and hard to get to or see . I thought I saw someone pulled the engine to do it but not sure. I found a post on it some where. Keep changing your search info.
Check out mini boat madness on FB if you haven't.

Dan or anybody that has a jet-star
do you remember a grease fitting on the nozzle area? I see one on the parts list but picture doesn't show where it goes. And where is the gear oil or lower unit oil or is there such thing?

thanks
Tom

butter-bean

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
the wetbike but not sure if the intake is the same. Parts seem to be more easily found by searching under the wetbike as there is still a good following o
n those with after market parts.

I tried to get the drain/fill screws out to check the drive oil and cant of course there is only maybe 3" to play with, I have a small flat head with a 90 on it whoever put it on last over tighten the crap out of it.. any ideas? still cant find the grease fitting...

here is a few pics on what I did to enable me to get to the lower ladder bolts, I found out why it leaked so much who ever had it in the past didn't put any nuts, washers/silicone on the inside of the lower ladder bolts! the bolts where just silicone in and loose. so my wife wanted a place other than the glove box to put things. I put a small marine cabinet in the hole I had. wife loves it.

Attachments

Last edited:

nterex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WIN_20200210_06_11_47_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_12_18_Pro.jpg
1998 dt60 i believe, thoughts?WIN_20200210_06_17_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_17_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_17_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_17_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_17_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_11_47_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_12_18_Pro.jpgWIN_20200210_06_17_33_Pro.jpg , offers?

nterex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
oh wow i didnt mean to do all that, im sorry

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are there floor drains in the 1250. I always have water on the carpet

Joel I

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I believe they are out of a 1991 Jet Star. I disassembled the entire pump and took all the bearings and seals to my father-in-law's bearing shop for exact replacements. They are all still wrapped up in the box. Including the new bearings I've probably got 500 tied up. Make me an offer! I'll try to post some pics this afternoon. Email is houstonmat@gmail.
Did you still have this jet drive?