• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Umbrella ...Anchor Shade II by Taylor made

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI you can still get 20% off from Overtons using promo code SPLASH, with free shipping. just ordered one for $110.00
:winkingthumbsup"

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
...on the water I have the umbrella moved more aft. The straps on the front are still hooked to the tower, however they are slightly adjusted differently. The aft straps are connected to the underside lower trailer connection.
The unmbrella works well for us. It's always windy in Oklahoma...always!

I'll take photos next time I have it up.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...on the water I have the umbrella moved more aft. The straps on the front are still hooked to the tower, however they are slightly adjusted differently. The aft straps are connected to the underside lower trailer connection.
The unmbrella works well for us. It's always windy in Oklahoma...always!

I'll take photos next time I have it up.
That was my though too. I may put it in the table leg for some stability.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I returned mine and got money back. When I got it stable in the back yard, not even on the water, a fairly light wind popped a couple of the supports. It appears to be designed to do this and it went back together, but not impressed.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to revive an almost year old thread here.

Anyone try one of these on a 19ft boat? Have a 2mo old baby that I need to get some more shade for ASAP if I'm going to continue boating this summer. He's been out a few times, but finding shade at anchor is difficult at best, especially where he can get some breeze. The cockpit ends up shaded, but not very breezy, so we end up putting a USB powered fan on him. Not a big deal but getting the bow covered would be a HUGE help in this regard.

The shades here look great, but I'm curious if they fit on a 19'er. I'm tempted to grab one anyway, but would love to have some confirmation before pulling the trigger. If this doesn't work, next step is custom canvas setups and I'm sure that's a pricey proposal.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't answer 2kwik4u's question about the 19 foot boats, but I will comment that we really liked having the Anchor Shade over the bow on my SX230 while swimming at anchor.

Two straps go to the mid-ship cleats and two go to the bow cleats. We had some pretty strong winds and it held up well. It WILL take two people to put it up and take it down in high wind though.

I still need to replace the stock plastic "hardware" with metal. Other than that I can't praise it enough. It's a life-saver for those of us who prefer a little shade.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've put anchor shade on the bow of my sx190. Worked fine

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies! Gonna pull the trigger and order one now.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered a pair of them as well
I only got one as a test. If this one works well I might get another.

I have a wacky idea on how to make one of these work on the bow as well, but haven't got all the pieces/parts designed to make it happen yet. Essentially have to figure out a way to hold the poles in place, and I'm contemplating putting some form of custom fabbed attachment onto the bow handrails. If I can get that to work, then I'll move the Taylormade to the swim platform.

https://www.amazon.com/AUPERTO-Portable-Foldable-Waterproof-Hatchback/dp/B07C5KX96S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1528462880&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=SUV+Shelter&psc=1

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered the Anchorshade II from Overtons. Received an Anchorshade III. No idea what the difference is. Still lots of plastic hardware that will need remedied before it's first outing.

It's fits in the garage. No idea how it will do on the water. Hope to test soon!
20180616_170213.jpg

I can already tell I don't like how the lower pole goes outside the upper. Mandating it be completely separated to stow. Seems like making the lower slide INSIDE the upper would've been the choice to make. Otherwise construction and material looks about how I expected for a $65 umbrella shade.

I'll update when I get it on the water for a full test.

Last edited:

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered my 2nd shade as well. Replaced ALL hardware with 8 light carabiners. 4 on top, 4 on the bottom. Works perfectly and far stronger than that plastic crap they come with. My original shade I used 4 Carabiners and 4 key chain loops as was suggested in the early posts of this thread. But I've replaced all hardware with the carabiners now and it's much better and easier to install.