• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater Swim Step LED's - Lets See Them!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ToddW850 - any problems with them shutting off on you or flickering.

The reviews on the west marine website show quite a few guys having problems with them.
Dang, just read some of the reviews. No, I haven't had any problems with them shutting off. @Albysure has the same lights and he hasn't had any problems either.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed these last year. Quality Marine LED. Infinitely adjustable, RGB, controlled by a phone APP. Couldn't be happier!

Attachments

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ill second that @redthumper9

Those lights on the back deck look great!
Just led strips behind the rear seat cushions. I usually buy the cheap ebay rolls of led strips and make my own custom lengths. I end up replacing about 2 per year somewhere on the boat.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I have done so far. Still working on finishing and testing everything before I do a write up

Attachments

Burt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed these last year. Quality Marine LED. Infinitely adjustable, RGB, controlled by a phone APP. Couldn't be happier!
Where did you get them... what model
Looks awesome and want some that are adjustable and can be on while at cruse speed

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @Burt look on facebook for quality marine LED. The owners name is Shawn Ritter. He has steadily been adding new products to hit lineup. Really cool stuff so far.

Josh Harper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I too am curious to see how those lights look @blacksapphirez

As far as mine, got these at West Marine. Drawing a blank on the name at the moment. They were $99 for 2. They are pretty bright.

View attachment 52434 View attachment 52435 View attachment 52436 View attachment 52437 View attachment 52438
Todd- have you had any issues with your lights? I have seen a lot of mixed reviews and trying to make the decision to pull the trigger.. and are you still just running 2?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Todd- have you had any issues with your lights? I have seen a lot of mixed reviews and trying to make the decision to pull the trigger.. and are you still just running 2?
I haven't had the first issue with mine. I didn't see the reviews until this thread mentioned them. Definitely had me a little curious. Haven't run them this year yet, because I haven't been out at night. I will be running them a good bit this Tuesday (Fourth of July) after it gets dark. Yes, still running two of them.

Taco_TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too am curious to see how those lights look @blacksapphirez

As far as mine, got these at West Marine. Drawing a blank on the name at the moment. They were $99 for 2. They are pretty bright.

View attachment 52434 View attachment 52435 View attachment 52436 View attachment 52437 View attachment 52438
Hi. I’m about to mount these same lights and I was curious about hooking them up. Did you have to drill a hole in the back of engine compartment that is between swim deck and engine bay? I wanted to ask before I start putting holes in my boat. Thanks

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
the guys at www.boatpluglight.com highly recommend the Dagon V2. They say we can mount it on the flat surface between the jets. I'm still working up the nerve to do it. I'm just not sure that if I drill there it goes directly into the engine compartment. Anyone have advice or photos of lights installed in this location? Thanks

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi. I’m about to mount these same lights and I was curious about hooking them up. Did you have to drill a hole in the back of engine compartment that is between swim deck and engine bay? I wanted to ask before I start putting holes in my boat. Thanks
Hey @Taco_TX yes I had to drill a hole all the way through for the power wire. Also drilled 3 holes for the screws to mount it. I filled the holes with silicone or 4200. Can't remember. But there was a lip in the transom of my boat where the power wire came through. I was unaware at the time, but I just skimmed the top of it. I lucked out. But I used a lot of silicone/4200 after. Your boat is newer and the transom probably a little different, but I can take a pic if that helps you out.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @Taco_TX yes I had to drill a hole all the way through for the power wire. Also drilled 3 holes for the screws to mount it. I filled the holes with silicone or 4200. Can't remember. But there was a lip in the transom of my boat where the power wire came through. I was unaware at the time, but I just skimmed the top of it. I lucked out. But I used a lot of silicone/4200 after. Your boat is newer and the transom probably a little different, but I can take a pic if that helps you out.
Would love to see a pic...thanks!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jethrof16 here is a pic I grabbed last night from inside the transom. Kind of hard to tell that's a shelf but my black power wire is actually laying on it. This was the best pic out of a bunch I took. But your transom may be a little different. And I used a lot if silicone/4200 inside and out. Didn't want water to find its way in.

By the way, this was only on the port side. I don't
Recall the starboard side having this.

20180531_211037.jpg

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Got my diablo led drain plug lights hooked up. Now time to see what they look like on the water.

Attachments