• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

UPDATE: F150 EcoBoost Blew Up on Saturday

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ford pulled the engine, with me rolling the dice on coverage to the tune of $2K, for the company to send out an inspector.

He came out yesterday and the dealership got a response late this afternoon.

Good news is God answers prayers and they are going to cover the engine.

Now I have to choose the option.

They are not going to replace with a new crate engine.

I can:

1) have a used engine they have located installed. I do not know what model year, but it has less than 50k miles on it. I assume it is out of a wreck. They state it will have a 12 month / 12k mile warranty. More on that later.

2) they will cover all labor and $4,900 toward parts. Ford expects me to be in for @ $2k above what they will pay for. This engine would have a 3 year / 36k mile warranty.

An assumption that I am working on clarifying is that the warranty I currently bought is still in place and the engine is really covered for another 2.5 years and 25k miles which is the balance of what I bought and the 12 /12 warranty they are stating is separate from that overall warranty. It wouldn't suprise me if they try to shorten it though.

I am also working to find out what model year this engine is.

My gut tells me to go with the used engine and go find another truck. I know there are conflicting thoughts on the reliability of this engine, but my trust is gone. This way I'm not out any money and the truck is running and under warranty for a year.

I'm still being pulled back to a Tundra. My last one ran without issue pulling this boat until 200,000 miles when I wanted a newer truck that had bells and whistles not offered in 2007.

Time for y'all to chime in and let me know your thoughts.
Loved my 2014 platinum tundra and miss it dearly... not the gas bill though .. I am waiting to see what redesign has to offer... good luck bro...

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I authorized them to put the motor with @ 45k miles in. The motor will have 2 warranties on it. It gets a 12/12 from the supplier and it still carries the balance of my warranty up to 96k miles.

I do plan on selling the truck though. It's a great truck, but I just don't trust the engine now and have read about too many blowing. I pull every weekend, so I know it gets a load.

I used to have a Chevy 2500 when we have a 5th wheel and it was a beast, I just never fell in love with the truck.

I'm done with the gas turbos.

Found several 2019 Tundras in the area. 1794 Edition should do the trick.

I appreciate all your comments and feedback.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So nearly 20 days since the rod decided to vacate the block, the dealer has the replacement engine and expects to have the truck running by the end of the day tomorrow. Good news, but we're heading out of town, so I'll pick it up next week. Will be on another lake with another buddies boat (in the rain in tennessee), so no skin of my nose. I did rent an F250 to pull to the lake last weekend. No way I was gonna accept several friends offers to use their trucks with my current luck.

This is my first experience ever having to deal with an extended warranty company. It's the only extended warranty I have ever purchased.

It hasn't been easy or necessarily pleasant, but I am glad that they covered the repair. They don't do a good job providing a feeling of being trustworthy. It constantly feels like they are trying to get out of the coverage.

The call I got this morning from my service tech at the dealer started well when he said they had the engine, but he then told me there were some additional parts that he had requested coverage for that he didn't think would be covered. My question is "how can that be"? They're replacing the motor, anything associated with that has to be covered. He said that the hoses need to be replaced and he didn't think the company would cover it. He said their experience is that if they use the old coolant hoses, they would leak. He asked for authorization to move forward anyway and confirm I would pay if not covered. I asked what kind of money we were talking about and he said $32. I said go. Don't slow this down any more.

He said there were another $450 worth of parts he felt they would cover.

This nickel and diming has gotten old.

For those of you out there that manage relationships with clients like I do for a career, the one thing I can tell you is, never make your clients go through this. Suck it up and provide a great experience. You will reap the rewards in the long run.

Give a bad experience, and you will pay the price in the long run. A few dollars saved will never cover the cost of a dissatisfied client.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember those that are serving or have served, especially those that gave their lives. Thank you to our Military, our Veterans, and our heroes, especially the ones we have lost.