• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upper Chesapeake Yamaha Run?

What date(s) work best for you?

• 6/4

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 6/11

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/25

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks!! Would Fishing Battery Island be a good place to anchor with kids and let them play in the water?
Yeah great spot for kids to swim and play in the sand.

Best spot to Anchor is where the circle is. Bring two anchors, so you can drop off the bow and the stern to hold you in place. The channel (two red lines) runs past the island, so don't anchor where I have the X... you will see people anchored there, but you get a lot of waves from the passing boats.

Where do you launch from? My wife and I are out a good bit and at the island a decent amount, so keep an eye out for a red black and white 2018 AR190, typically with our corgi on board. Feel free to say hi.

1685022712051.png

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We are coming from NJ so either make it a long trip via the C&D canal. Or drive a bit to the Elk River Park Boat Ramp or Port Deposit as mentioned above.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be careful around Port Deposit, there's a rock just under the water out from the ramp - a little more than half way across the river. It shows up on Navionics which I didn't check before launching there. Unfortunately I found it while towing my kids on tubes. Almost $9000 (insurance claim) in damages and 6 weeks in the shop pretty much killed our boating season last summer. If you stay south of the ramp you should be fine. Going to make up for it this summer, already have 3 trips planned in addition to the weekend outings.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure how familiar you are with the area, but the Upper Cheasapeake is mostly shallow, so watch your depth and channel markers. If you come from C&D canal I can tell you its probably about 1 hour from Chesapeake city to the island. Chesapeake City has a decent sized no wake zone (about 10 minutes of travel). Watch Turkey Point, if you are too close to the point its a mine field of crab trap bouys.

If you drop from the North East, you can come past Red Point in the channel no problem. If you go Carpenter Point to PerryPoint (no channel - watch this area its pretty shallow, best route is to hug the land, high tide helps) and then go Perry point to Havre de Grace. From Havre down to the island the channel is well marked and deep.

1685025130959.png

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Be careful around Port Deposit, there's a rock just under the water out from the ramp - a little more than half way across the river. It shows up on Navionics which I didn't check before launching there. Unfortunately I found it while towing my kids on tubes. Almost $9000 (insurance claim) in damages and 6 weeks in the shop pretty much killed our boating season last summer. If you stay south of the ramp you should be fine. Going to make up for it this summer, already have 3 trips planned in addition to the weekend outings.
Can you take a screen shot of the rock? It's not showing up in Argo app

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the details!!! I have boated to The Chesapeake Inn a few times but never farther on the boat so this water is new to me. Most likely we will put in somewhere in that area since other wise we may be exhausted from the ride.

I have a couple wineries marked on my map in that area, has anyone been to them? My understanding is you need to anchor and walk to shore.

IMG_DCE0E32DAA97-1 2.jpeg

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Assuming it's the green submarine looking icon?
No thats an image. All of the black/red stars are rocks. I have never been in this water, but by looking at this map I assume they are talking about the one I circled.

IMG_5C5760C77D83-1.jpeg

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes if you drop at Port Deposit, don't go further north than the restaurant Lee's Landing (ok restaurant, food isn't great... standard boat up/biker bar food, but live music and cool spot). And stay away from the coast across from the ramp (see X's) It can be rocky over there. As Tim said Navionics shows it. The yellow highlight is no wake on the backside of the island, other side with arrows is full wake. if you want to do water sports Port Deposit down to the no wake zone is a great area to tube and ski. Sometimes people anchor and hangout at that island too, not as big as FBI.

1685027239879.png

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No thats an image. All of the black/red stars are rocks. I have never been in this water, but by looking at this map I assume they are talking about the one I circled.

View attachment 200617
yeah I think that is what got Tim. I stay in the white and below Marina Park. If you go up there to go to Lee's Landing, stay to the Marina Park half side of the water way.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah I think that is what got Tim. I stay in the white and below Marina Park. If you go up there to go to Lee's Landing, stay to the Marina Park half side of the water way.
Yep, that's the F#*&^^%$$$%^&^^^ rock!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the details!!! I have boated to The Chesapeake Inn a few times but never farther on the boat so this water is new to me. Most likely we will put in somewhere in that area since other wise we may be exhausted from the ride.

I have a couple wineries marked on my map in that area, has anyone been to them? My understanding is you need to anchor and walk to shore.

View attachment 200615
The more southern spot is Chateau Bu-De Winery. There is a small dock there, and I believe steps into the water if you walk. The water there is a very popular area to raft. I don’t go there, but @Troch1 may.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Sun is struggling to come out today

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You out right now? How’s the water?

I was out on Friday, cool air temps and calm waters. Was perfect!
I haven't had to get in yet. Stuck my hand in. It's chilly but doable. Waiting for it to warm up a bit more.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We got in. Getting over the initial shock, not bad at all. Its a no nips days though