• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upper Chesapeake Yamaha Run?

What date(s) work best for you?

• 6/4

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 6/11

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/25

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK sir, I'm going to need more information. I've lived in the Central PA area most of my life... But WHERE is Shelter Cove?!?

Nice to see another CPA JB though, we'll have to meet up sometime!
@FlyGuns - you going to be out tomorrow? Come to the island if so. We will be there!

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Did everyone survive?

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The day started off great, we met Steve and his wife at the Port Deposit ramp and headed to Battery Island to anchor up along with a lot of other boats - that's the place to go if want to meet other boaters ( a lot of boats and some were big - like multiple stateroom big). The weather was perfect and we enjoyed getting to know Steve and his wife Jess. After awhile, my kids wanted to tube so we headed back up by Port Deposit in the Susquehanna. Apparently, while pulling the tube, we must of hit a submerged log or rock cause my bilge started running constantly. I opened the engine hatch and the water was up to the bottom of the engines so we loaded everybody on the boat and headed to the ramp - luckily only a few hundred yards away. Once we got the boat on the trailer I was shocked to see the plug and its holder missing along with some fiberglass damage. Didn't feel any hard hits. Now I need to start the insurance claim process and hopefully find a repair shop that can get the work done quickly. We have reservations at a lake the the week of July 24th. It was painful to see my "girl" hurt like this. It could of been a whole lot worse, thank god for bilge pumps.

IMG_1061.jpg

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
The day started off great, we met Steve and his wife at the Port Deposit ramp and headed to Battery Island to anchor up along with a lot of other boats - that's the place to go if want to meet other boaters ( a lot of boats and some were big - like multiple stateroom big). The weather was perfect and we enjoyed getting to know Steve and his wife Jess. After awhile, my kids wanted to tube so we headed back up by Port Deposit in the Susquehanna. Apparently, while pulling the tube, we must of hit a submerged log or rock cause my bilge started running constantly. I opened the engine hatch and the water was up to the bottom of the engines so we loaded everybody on the boat and headed to the ramp - luckily only a few hundred yards away. Once we got the boat on the trailer I was shocked to see the plug and its holder missing along with some fiberglass damage. Didn't feel any hard hits. Now I need to start the insurance claim process and hopefully find a repair shop that can get the work done quickly. We have reservations at a lake the the week of July 24th. It was painful to see my "girl" hurt like this. It could of been a whole lot worse, thank god for bilge pumps.

View attachment 181383
wow....glad everyone is okay! And sorry about the damage!

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed with Tim's remarks. It was fun boating out to the island with another jet boat. Great time getting to know Tim and his family at the island and talking about the Yamahas. Beautiful weather and a lot of people out at the island. We had a good time and our dog was zonked by the end of the day. Unfortunate ending for Tim’s boat but glad everyone is ok!

Attachments

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking like we will be out on Sunday 7/10, if anyone here is out let me know!

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Not 100% sure yet, but we should out at maxwell point again.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Sunday the 17th, we're planning to come out of Mariner Point Park, through the GP, across the bay to Still Pond. Anyone been out there yet? Its north of Poole's Island, I hear the water quality isn't bad up there. After the recent Back River fiasco, I'm leery about HMI... Thoughts?

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Sunday the 17th, we're planning to come out of Mariner Point Park, through the GP, across the bay to Still Pond. Anyone been out there yet? Its north of Poole's Island, I hear the water quality isn't bad up there. After the recent Back River fiasco, I'm leery about HMI... Thoughts?
Stay east of Pooles island. There is a just under the surface rock jetty that loves to disable boats on the west side. I would probably launch out of flying point park in your destination is still pond.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Stay east of Pooles island. There is a just under the surface rock jetty that loves to disable boats on the west side. I would probably launch out of flying point park in your destination is still pond.
I'm not a huge fan of the Edgewood area, haven't had good luck there in the past. I appreciate the heads up about the west side of Pooles, I've always swung east of it, mostly because I've seen other boats follow that same route, I never even gave any thought to why... Good to know though. Is there anything to look out for while cruising through the Gunpowder?

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm not a huge fan of the Edgewood area, haven't had good luck there in the past. I appreciate the heads up about the west side of Pooles, I've always swung east of it, mostly because I've seen other boats follow that same route, I never even gave any thought to why... Good to know though. Is there anything to look out for while cruising through the Gunpowder?
Stay in the channel until you pass the railroad bridge. It can get shallow outside of it. Not much to note on the other side. Maxwell is great. Nice soft sea floor and not overly crowded. Dont cut the corner too close around the point. There is buildup prob 100 yards off the point. Stay off the beach. That is APG territory.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks, I grew up down here... We live in PA now, but get down with the boat every chance we get

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We took the ski out yesterday to do some exploratory boating. Dunked it in at the Havre De Grace ramp. Proceeded to sand island. Nice place and 14-15 boats there on a weekday.

Went to go check out another cove from there and gave up due to winds increasing and getting rough. Came back to the island for a bit and watched a military fire helicopter practicing the scoop and dump.

Followed the channel north west back toward Havre De Grace and kept going. Went all the way to Port Deposit to check out Lee's Landing. Great day on the water.

Attachments

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone going to be out this weekend (Labor day weekend)? We are going out on Sunday the 4th. Dropping at Port Deposit. Will likely hit FBI or we may make the run over to Shaffer's.

Also in case anyone missed it - they created a regional group targeted towards our area of boating.
Forums > Gatherings/Trips > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic Region > Welcome mid-atlantic peeps

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does anyone have a list of coordinates for some of the places discussed here? I'd like to check them out but not familiar with them by name.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are the one's I have been to:

Port Deposit Drop in Ramp = $10 per use, $50 season pass.

Fishing Battery Island = populate island hangout. Google Maps

Shaffer's canal house = boat up restaurant (has gas).

Chesapeake Inn = Upscale boat up restaurant (no gas, but shaffer's is right across from it).