• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used Boats For Sale

I'm so tempted to list my 242 LSE. But I don't wanna be boatless

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. I'm fairly sure I could easily sell mine for more than I paid for it in 2018, however I'm not willing to buy another one at an inflated price. If I could talk myself into being boatless for a year or two, would be an easy decision, but I'd cave. This boat bubble will pop at some point, I'm thinking this fall. Things will get more 'normal' as summer progresses and I expect that people will go back to whatever it is they used to do all summer, especially once they build up a year or two of that 'break out another thousand' experience. Once supply chains normalize, the artificial scarcity in new boats will resolve itself as well - can't tell you how many 2019+ boats I've seen for sale at a price higher than the 2021 MSRP. Crazy.

Homes are the same way, could make bank on mine at the moment, but will overspend on its replacement just as much.

same boat as mine just listed for sale for $19,000. more than twice what i paid last year. really makes me want to sell, but i think it will be at least 2-3 years before the market cools down enough for me to buy again. not sure i want to go that long without a boat.

OMG, you better take the money and run. (that's assuming you have a replacement) But wow, that's a full $10K over what that bought should have sold for pre-pandemic! Good luck!
Any update, JJones? Did the deal go through?

The deal would’ve gone through, but I lost the deal on the 21 AR210. The buyer agreed to give me the remainder of the week to try and find another boat, but it isn’t looking promising. I feel stupid for not taking the money and running, but we just bought this home on the lake in November and would hate to not have a boat this summer. Not willing to take the gamble and I feel crazy for not taking the cash.

The deal would’ve gone through, but I lost the deal on the 21 AR210. The buyer agreed to give me the remainder of the week to try and find another boat, but it isn’t looking promising. I feel stupid for not taking the money and running, but we just bought this home on the lake in November and would hate to not have a boat this summer. Not willing to take the gamble and I feel crazy for not taking the cash.
memories > cash

I think more than anything if stuff continues to trend in the right direction with getting back to normal we could see a lot of boats/campers/UTV's etc for sale come fall. People will hold on to them at least through the summer but if they don't get the use out of them they will sell. Concerts, vacations, work travel, kids sports, and everything else will cut way down on the time people have for boating. People getting to the end of summer and finding they only used the boat a handful of times this summer and the cost of winterizing/storing it could push some sellers.

Thanks for the update. It makes me wonder what I could get for my 2014 AR190? Same as most here, I don't want to be without a boat all summer, though.

I am currently boat-less, Having sold an older 05 last year. I though last year was crazy, but this year is nuts. I am seeing boats listed for 10-15 thousand more than they were last year. Whats worse is I live north of the border and its almost criminal what dealers want for a new boat. So I might have to live with my 12 foot aluminum this year.

Mine doesn't have wrap our speakers but if they grt close to 42k for 06 I'll sell mine tomorrow.

When I purchased my boat in 2016, there were plenty of used boats on the market at the time. Now that I’m looking to trade up there is no inventory nor used boats. At least I have the boat, a decent mechanically sound boat, I’ll Wait it out for the market to normalize. I hope to be in the same situation as when I bought the Yamaha.

Back