• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Boat Bubble has finally burst!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You advertise it for whatever you think you can get. But if we are nearing pre-covid pricing, that isn't going to happen. Pre-covid I helped a buddy here buy an AR210. We turned down a 2014 AR192 in mint shape, only because they would not come off $18K and we bought the AR210 for less.

So if it were me, take advantage of the spring buying season. As soon as mid July hits, most peoples brains turn to fall activities and getting their kids ready for fall sports and school. Sellers boat market has always been pre independence day.

Good luck,
Yeah it's something that I have to consider. Maybe sell it at a discount at the end of the Summer, 22-24k so I don't have to pay storage. I could also bring it down to florida to sell it but that would cost like 600 and my time. Although im planning to go to florida anyway to see family

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe sell it at a discount at the end of the Summer, 22-24k so I don't have to pay storage.
That mentality is what sinks the boat market in the fall, every fall. It is the very reason, you would be very lucky to get $22K now, let alone at the end of the season. Especially if all the points made above about the market tanking are true.

Come fall, the market will be literally flooded with 195s in that price range let alone a 9 year old 192. We could all be wrong, but if you are not going to use it, get out now while you still think it's a $22K boat. you may find a buyer in the same mindset.

One last point, new model year Yamaha's are announced every fall. So if a new styled 190 series or possibly a 20' boat is announced for 2024, your boat will then be compared to them and considered a 10 year old boat.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got mine! Paid full boat retail. Dealers are stocked and from my view seem to be selling at a rate that supports their business through the ups and downs.
imo dealers lowering prices doesn't seem likely.
There might be some incentives offered for time buyers and maybe a small rebate for the cash guy, not enough for me to wait out something that may or may not happen.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealers in the area are offering discounts and throwing in things with the purchase again, not quite at the level of pre-covid yet. Yamaha's as well as other brands, recently. I have no doubt that this will increase as time goes on this year. Even the used market on barely used boats is coming down.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got mine! Paid full boat retail. Dealers are stocked and from my view seem to be selling at a rate that supports their business through the ups and downs.
imo dealers lowering prices doesn't seem likely.
There might be some incentives offered for time buyers and maybe a small rebate for the cash guy, not enough for me to wait out something that may or may not happen.
The biggest point you just made is, they don't have to discount to effect the used market. Just having inventory will do that. As the amount of folks asking full MSRP on a used boat will end immediately. So all those low hour COVID cherries sitting out there will then impact the new market. That will force dealers hands as both effect each other.

This trickles all the way down.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The recession is just warming up. I'm seeing material lead times on products fall off a cliff. The insulation we sell that was 12-18 Months out is now 2 weeks. The gypsum cover boards that had such bad lead times just 12 Months ago that manufacturers wouldn't even accept PO's are now 3-5 days!!! No freakin shit. I placed an order for 7 truckloads of this product last Wednesday and it delivered today. I'm still seeing sticky-flation on material prices, but it's just a matter of time before manufacturers start gutting each other to secure projects. Gonna be a blood bath I think in about 3-6 Months.
Agreed, we'd been waiting for a crapload of Trex composite materials ordered over a year ago and finally got the notice that it was all in stock and do we want more? However, the distributor wants double the price quoted for the signed order from last year. Not going to play that game but we're currently in discussions, no one can afford HELOCs for remodels and new builds have fallen off a cliff. They can choke on it for 2x previous cost in a crashing market.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The dealer nearest to me is still charging an average of 8k over MSRP. To be fair I have no idea what the real price is if you walk in through the doors.

According to Yamaha this should be 108,799, Wilmington Powersports is asking 116,995
1681842401360.png

And this should be 54,899 and these guys are asking 63,995.

1681842472547.png

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is still a hefty waiting list for the 222 FSH Sport E models. My dealer tells me that no one in the US has received delivery on any of these boats. For the most part Yamaha dealers are still sitting in the cat bird seat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The dealer nearest to me is still charging an average of 8k over MSRP. To be fair I have no idea what the real price is if you walk in through the doors.

According to Yamaha this should be 108,799, Wilmington Powersports is asking 116,995
View attachment 197979

View attachment 197980
Albeit, the upgrade to Galvanaized trailer is not $9,096, but I bet it is $2000. I'm guessing since they are one of the few dealers listing actual stock numbers, they are truly weeding through the tire kickers by listing an asking price above MSRP. Some do list pricing including the trailer upgrade, delivery, setup fees etc. But highly unlikely.

Good post!

River Valley in Southeastern MN is listing all 23's starting at MSRP from the Yamaha website. The ones with lot numbers (actually in inventory) say the same, "starting at" They seem to have a pile of 195 series and 252 series. The 222 models are limited, if any. As there are no stock numbers on the ones listed.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Albeit, the upgrade to Galvanaized trailer is not $9,096, but I bet it is $2000. I'm guessing since they are one of the few dealers listing actual stock numbers, they are truly weeding through the tire kickers by listing an asking price above MSRP. Some do list pricing including the trailer upgrade, delivery, setup fees etc. But highly unlikely.

Good post!
Whatever it is, its ridiculous. I highly doubt that they are including tax/prep and whatever other fees/charges they feel like charging in the listed price. This dealer unfortunately is not very well liked by the boat owners I know around here.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I agree the market is turning.

I figure I must be crazy to be buying a boat, has to be the worst time ever with the increase in MSRP, gas prices near $4.00 a gallon and interest rates skyrocketing. There is not doubt that mass sales will slow down considerably.

However, for me:
  1. I'm a just a few years away from retirement but I want to start a little earlier and live life today.

2. My credit union, Dort Federal Credit Union, is advertising 11.49% for 180 months, I looked far and wide and was able to lock in a 6% rate at a different credit union; otherwise, no way I would have bought a boat. (that 6% rate was 3% exactly one year ago...ouch!)

3. I had a strong BATNA, I was willing to walk and did a few times because buying a boat in this market just wasn't that important to me. I ended up paying an OTD price a few thousand dollars less than the standard deal of MSRP, surcharge, freight, prep, cover, title, registration and Tax.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I figure I must be crazy to be buying a boat, has to be the worst time ever with the increase in MSRP, gas prices near $4.00 a gallon and interest rates skyrocketing. There is not doubt that mass sales will slow down considerably.

However, for me:
  1. I'm a just a few years away from retirement but I want to start a little earlier and live life today.

2. My credit union, Dort Federal Credit Union, is advertising 11.49% for 180 months, I looked far and wide and was able to lock in a 6% rate at a different credit union; otherwise, no way I would have bought a boat. (that 6% rate was 3% exactly one year ago...ouch!)

3. I had a strong BATNA, I was willing to walk and did a few times because buying a boat in this market just wasn't that important to me. I ended up paying an OTD price a few thousand dollars less than the standard deal of MSRP, surcharge, freight, prep, cover, title, registration and Tax.
1. Good for you! You’ll have your boat sorted by the time you retire and you’ll be having fun along the way !!!

2. awesome! You found a good rate for your purchase!

3. BATNA?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 197979

View attachment 197980
I sent them a request and asked why the boat is listed at $116,000 when Yamaha lists the boat at $108,799. We will see if I get a response.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

However, for me:

Wha da fuk is BATNA?

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
1. Good for you! You’ll have your boat sorted by the time you retire and you’ll be having fun along the way !!!

2. awesome! You found a good rate for your purchase!

3. BATNA?
Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) - In a negotiation, you must know your BATNA, it will either strengthen or weaken your position in negotiations.

Examples:

1. For the boat, I was willing to walk away with little to no disappointment; therefore, I had a strong BATNA. Interest rates are high and dealers have boats in stock so dealers BATNA is lower.

2. Say my lease was up, in todays market, cars are hard to get, I find a dealer that has the car I want with all the options I want, if I don't successfully negotiate a deal, I may end up having to walk to work with little hope that I will find the car I want in stock anytime soon. In this example, my BATNA is low and the dealers BATNA is high because they will have no problem selling the car.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dbag corporate buzzword/acronym... guys who say this probably walk around mumbling paradigm, outside the box, circle back and deep dive... 🤮
The new C level buzzword my VP keeps using in relation to workers is bandwidth. So freakin annoying. “Yeah, Johnny is operating at max bandwidth currently so we are going to have to get him some help”. Uggghhh.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am "C" Level and in a typical meeting or day, I pull out the entire armament of buzzwords :) Sometimes I am not sure I even know what I said. :)