• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Very Sad News

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Definitely, surprising and shocking. There are few memorable people you cross paths with in your life and Dan was one of those. We will keep his family in our thoughts and prayers.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So Sad.
In fact, as strange as it sounds to my wife, I'm no less bummed out over his passing then someone I might have worked with or known.... even though I never met or spoke to him. I pray that his family will find some peace in this.
In a way I'm comforted that he was able to say goodbye to us as a group in his last post. Rest in peace Dan.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Had a heck of a year at the company and all my vacation is stacked up here at the end. So trying to catch up on some things, including reading on the forum.

This is not the type of news I wanted to catch up on. Very sad to learn. Prayers for him and his family. He will be missed here.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wow, that's really sad!
Anyone know how how he died?
I hope his family is doing well.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I heard from his wife one time, but have no idea what happened!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just read this. That's terrible. I remember Dan from the old board.

When it's our time it's our time, but I started eating better and working out 3 years ago as a New Year's resolution as I was headed down the path to obesity and all that comes with it. Down 40 lbs and 9 inches off waist and currently at 12% BF. It's a commitment for sure and it's not easy at 50+ but encourage everyone to consider.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just read this. That's terrible. I remember Dan from the old board.

When it's our time it's our time, but I started eating better and working out 3 years ago as a New Year's resolution as I was headed down the path to obesity and all that comes with it. Down 40 lbs and 9 inches off waist and currently at 12% BF. It's a commitment for sure and it's not easy at 50+ but encourage everyone to consider.
That's nuts with the bodyfat! I am bouncing between 18 to 20 percent on the little scale meter but my weight is stable now.
People, don't expect to do tomorrow what is important! I learned quick when sent to the hospital!