• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Veterans! let us know who you are.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ouch! @Detonate What's up with the two empty Mich Ultras? I never saw that at a marathon before! Lol.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ouch! @Detonate What's up with the two empty Mich Ultras? I never saw that at a marathon before! Lol.
Not sure, but honestly there I'm pretty sure there has been a beer sponsor at just about every one I've run.

At the Cowtown Marathon they had a whole beer pavilion area with stools and stuff. And it wasn't like one free beer. I just kept going back and back again. :D

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, you gotta keep hydrated. . . . . and Mich Ultra is like water right?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A Soldier, Sailor, and Airman walk into a bar. They make a bet with the bartender that they can each drink a keg of beer and make it with the hottest girl in the room in one hour. The Bartender says ok and gives them the key to the back room and one keg each. The Airman goes in with the hottest girl. After one hour the Bartender walks into the room to find the keg bearly touched, the woman untouched, and the Airman blacked out. The bartender says next and the Sailor attempts. This time when the bartender walks in, the keg is half empty and the sailor is blacked out. The woman still untouched. Next up is the soldier, after an hour the bartender walks in to find all three kegs empty, the woman ravished and bearly able to walk, but the soldier is beaten in the corner. The bartender wakes the soldier up and asked him what happened. The soldier responded by saying, A man came in drank everything, beat me silly, and made love to the woman, then jumped out of the window and yelled Ooooh Raaaah!!!!!!

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's not looking good...

On March 4th 2012 I suffered a 3rd degree ankle sprain where I tore the anterior talofibular ligament completely off of the bone. Somehow I managed to run the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon just 21 days later.

Now I find myself in a similar situation. August 13th I suffered a very similar sprain, and now I find myself with just 67 days to recover and complete training for the Marine Corps Marathon.

Right now that feels like an impossible task, but looking back at how quickly I was able to bounce back last time, maybe there is hope????

View attachment 10508
Ooorah!
View attachment 10508
1779793_10204714851132002_99210630308230607_n.jpg

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
[flag]:thumbsup:[flag]:thumbsup:[flag]

Way to go Marine!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I need to change mine to say Retired USAF, effective 1 Dec. 20 years 10 months 11 days.
I have been on my 80 days of permissive and terminal leave....guess I need to find a job:-/

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
[flag] Congrats @Detonate on making the marathon! I did not have an injury and still would not have finished the run.
:Welcome: to the retirement club @Wayloncle! What is your military background and do you know what kind of job you're looking for? Of course, if you don't mind me asking.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BravoMike My career field is Aerospace Ground Equipment, maintained all the support equipment for aircraft, so mechanical, hydraulics, electrical, HVAC....all kinds of mechanical systems.
I always just told people I was a mechanic but when this thread started a while back it made me think about it and I wrote down what I actually did.
I was in charge of a shop of 63 personnel maintaining over 700 pieces of equipment, like big generators, air conditioners, air compressors, hydraulic pumping units and so on, and managing all the personnel issues and administrative things that go along with it.
I'm not picky, so I have been applying for all kinds of jobs, I'd like to get into something similar to my career field.

I was actually going to start a thread about job searching tomorrow, and see if there were any HR people on the site that might have some real world pointers for resumes and such.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wayloncle I was curious since you are Air Force if you might be looking for something in the aviation field. I work for an airline and know others in the aviation industry. Might be able too help you out with getting an interview or leads.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd love something in the aviation field, only problem is I'm "stuck" in the Panama City area for a couple more years, my wife is Active Duty AF SMSgt/E-8, she is doing a special duty right now and has at least 2 more years here.

If you know of anything around this area I'd love to hear about it!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hmmmm, retired, in FL with a boat and wife is still working, I foresee a lot of time on the water and enjoying new hobbies in your future, maybe a charter boat captain giving tourists jet boat rides while their on vacation?

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd love something in the aviation field, only problem is I'm "stuck" in the Panama City area for a couple more years, my wife is Active Duty AF SMSgt/E-8, she is doing a special duty right now and has at least 2 more years here.

If you know of anything around this area I'd love to hear about it!
I will ask around, but closest would probably be Orlando or Atlanta. Can't beat being stuck in the Florida panhandle!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
USMC 1975 to 1979 - Parris Island (loving it), Memphis TN and then New River NC. One NATO cruise with unit citation and several smaller ones. Meritorious E4 and E5. I can almost remember those days. HA

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received this notification from a friend of mine today. I did check out the link to verify it is correct. Although the letter (see thumbnail below) states you MUST ask for this to apply, after doing research,FB_IMG_1431019390470.jpg have found that some had it automatically applied. I will not be retiring for at least another two years, but rest assured, I will be checking into this. Any additional monies when retiring can only help. I wanted to pass this on to all it applies to in the event that you were unaware. You deserve to know.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received this notification from a friend of mine today. I did check out the link to verify it is correct. Although the letter (see thumbnail below) states you MUST ask for this to apply, after doing research,View attachment 21598 have found that some had it automatically applied. I will not be retiring for at least another two years, but rest assured, I will be checking into this. Any additional monies when retiring can only help. I wanted to pass this on to all it applies to in the event that you were unaware. You deserve to know.
I remember seeing that a few years ago, I filed it somewhere that I will always have it....I don't know where that is now. I have been seeing it passed around FB the last couple weeks again.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
http://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/military.html

Retirement Planner: Special Extra Earnings For Military Service

Since 1957, if you had military service earnings for active duty (including active duty for training), you paid Social Security taxes on those earnings. Since 1988, inactive duty service in the Armed Forces reserves (such as weekend drills) has also been covered by Social Security.

Under certain circumstances, special extra earnings for your military service from 1957 through 2001 can be credited to your record for Social Security purposes. These extra earnings credits may help you qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of your Social Security benefit.

Special extra earnings credits are granted for periods of active duty or active duty for training. Special extra earnings credits are notgranted for inactive duty training.

1957 through 2001. Here's how the special extra earnings are credited on your record:

Service in 1957 Through 1977
You are credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.

Service in 1978 through 2001
For every $300 in active duty basic pay, you are credited with an additional $100 in earnings up to a maximum of $1,200 a year. If you enlisted after September 7, 1980, and didn't complete at least 24 months of active duty or your full tour, you may not be able to receive the additional earnings. Check with Social Security for details.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received this notification from a friend of mine today. I did check out the link to verify it is correct. Although the letter (see thumbnail below) states you MUST ask for this to apply, after doing research,View attachment 21598 have found that some had it automatically applied. I will not be retiring for at least another two years, but rest assured, I will be checking into this. Any additional monies when retiring can only help. I wanted to pass this on to all it applies to in the event that you were unaware. You deserve to know.
  • From 1968 through 2001, you do not need to do anything to receive these extra credits. The credits were automatically added to your record.