• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VEVE Guide Install

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@HidnNOS , the small torch is called a pen torch, should be readily available at many hardware stores, they are pretty inexpensive and handy to have..

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
JC6275st: 18580 said:
@HidnNOS , the small torch is called a pen torch, should be readily available at many hardware stores, they are pretty inexpensive and handy to have..
Thank you sir. Its called exactly what it looks like ;-)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Indeed!!! LOL

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There are a lot of them on amazon ranging from $8 to $40+. They are also called pencil torches. On one of them it even said "In accordance with federal regulations, home use of this product is prohibited." WTH?

If you have a recommendation I'll order one up. Otherwise I'll probably just pick one based on reviews and price.

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_20943615770022.jpeg IMG_20836098388683.jpeg
Looks nice. Much cleaner than my ghetto zip ties ;)
Im anal like that, yours Isnt mine so to each there own 100%

In many cases I wish I didnt care about the details as much as I do. Probably why people try to pay me $250+ to detail their cars by hand. Pre family/marriage I spent many weekends detailing, now it kills my body and isnt worth giving up the family time for

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are a lot of them on amazon ranging from $8 to $40+. They are also called pencil torches. On one of them it even said "In accordance with federal regulations, home use of this product is prohibited." WTH?

If you have a recommendation I'll order one up. Otherwise I'll probably just pick one based on reviews and price.
Go with reviews n price, will come In handy for MANY years

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Back to the VeVe's, the owner of the company actually called me after my order to ask me about my experience on the website as he said they recently made some changes. We talked for a while and I told him he should come on the board once in a while as the VeVe gets a lot of publicity here. Anyway, I should have mine within a couple of days. He also mentioned that if you think they are a little high, you could always install them under the trailer brace as opposed to over. He mentioned some people have cut them shorter and then regretted it afterwards... the undermount would prevent any regret!

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
VeVe can be ordered without the caps?

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not to my knowledge. I spoke with the company owner and he mentioned that if you don't want the caps... just cut them off instead of trying to soften the glue/solvent and pull them off. I just laid mine on my miter saw and made a nice clean cut. I also installed mine under my trailer which I think I prefer.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to my knowledge. I spoke with the company owner and he mentioned that if you don't want the caps... just cut them off instead of trying to soften the glue/solvent and pull them off. I just laid mine on my miter saw and made a nice clean cut. I also installed mine under my trailer which I think I prefer.
thanks.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to add this. I got the VeVe guides for my 2013 Shorelander trailer. The bolts were an inch short. The bolts were 7" and I needed 8". I emailed the company but never heard back.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wanted to add this. I got the VeVe guides for my 2013 Shorelander trailer. The bolts were an inch short. The bolts were 7" and I needed 8". I emailed the company but never heard back.

Packaged one pair per carton with all mounting hardware. Will mount to frames up to 3” wide x 4-1/4” high.

Options:
For frames up to 5-1/4" high check option T-7-8 below for longer bolts.
For frames up to 6-1/4" high check option T-8-8 below for longer bolts.

I measured my frame and it is almost 5". So, I ordered the T-7-8 which is 7". I think the standard is 6".
guess I'll find out soon enough. Will report back.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would just pick up a galvanized bolt in the size you need at Home Depot, Lowes or any hardware store.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How far away from the boat sides should they be installed? Also, the PVC piping just sits loose on top on the main square tube?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Norboo I do not think there is a suggested distance from the manufacturer. When installing, keep in mind that your boat is 102 inches wide at the widest point of your boat and the widest point IS NOT where you are mounting your guides. I think most mount them 104 -105 inches from inside to inside of the guide. Much more than that and they do not do a lot of good to hold your boat stern from drifting in the wind when placing on the trailer.

Yes, the tubing just rest loosely on the square tubing. It is designed to rotate if hit by the boat sides. I would recommend the guide covers if you do not have them. If you do have them and the boat is stored outside in the sun, you can remove the pvc portion by just pulling off. This will save UV wear on the guide cover.

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beware that if you are installing the CE Smith lights on the top of the posts that the guide posts will need to be drilled through and bolted to prevent rotation of the lights. They do this because the light is halved with one side yellow (facing Front) and one side red (facing rear). Likely also to prevent the wire from getting mangled.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Norboo If you decide to purchase the CE smith lights as many have, then you will need to put a bolt through the top of the pvc pipe to keep it from spinning, because you don't want the wiring for the light to spin. The directions for the CE smith lights explain exactly how to do this and it is easy. I have the guide covers and they do the rotating not the PVC. I sprayed my guide covers with 303 protectant and they look new, however my boat gets stored in a garage when not in use.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Packaged one pair per carton with all mounting hardware. Will mount to frames up to 3” wide x 4-1/4” high.

Options:
For frames up to 5-1/4" high check option T-7-8 below for longer bolts.
For frames up to 6-1/4" high check option T-8-8 below for longer bolts.

I measured my frame and it is almost 5". So, I ordered the T-7-8 which is 7". I think the standard is 6".
guess I'll find out soon enough. Will report back.
Bolts that came with it was too short but the T-7-8 that I ordered is the correct size (7").

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How far away from the boat sides should they be installed? Also, the PVC piping just sits loose on top on the main square tube?
Somebody posted the distance here or on another site. I went with 3" clearance on both sides. I used the beam measurements from Yamaha. And don't forget to leave room for the gas cap. I put my guides on with the boat off the trailer.