• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VEVE Guide Install

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know different boat/trailer, but no chance of contacting the hull when they terminate under the bunk. They are set a couple inches off the rub rail.
20170629_170010.jpg
20170519_190225.jpg
Yes, I do have black pads on the pvc. Pic. was taken during the trim tab install and brake caliper replacement.

Last edited:

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another helpful thread, thanks everyone. I'll be launching and retrieving regularly on a river and was considering getting the Veve T-965 Zinc Plated for fresh water use as well as either the Veve 48"pads or the mad dog 48 x 2 3/8 pads..

Post Guide-Ons, T-965; 65" Tall ( 1 PAIR )
Mad Dog Standard Trailer Guide Pads

Might have missed it, but are there any suggestions for protecting the painted non-galvanized trailer from the metal brackets scratching the paint and creating the opportunity for rust? Maybe some kind of rubber pad(s) or rubberized spray for that area of contact on the trailer?

Also, am I reading/inferring correctly that the 242's trailer would need the 7" bolt option?

veve contact point.jpg

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah some sort or rubber pad should help with that. Use a cut and split inner tube around it maybe?
Also, I never thought about it until now, putting a bicycle inner tube over the square tubing would protect that and help it from moving. Mine have slid out a little bit either from being too loose or crashing into them or both.
Yes, you will need to order the longer bolt kit for your trailer.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might be too late for @AmesJainchill but IMO, if you're spending this much for the 65" guides, why not get the galvanized guides? $139.50 for zinc vs $152 for galvanized, I figured I'd splurge for the extra $12.50. They already sold me on the value that they bring to the table by using better materials and being "homemade".

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This might be too late for @AmesJainchill but IMO, if you're spending this much for the 65" guides, why not get the galvanized guides? $139.50 for zinc vs $152 for galvanized, I figured I'd splurge for the extra $12.50. They already sold me on the value that they bring to the table by using better materials and being "homemade".
Ya too late for me, heh. I bought the zinc 65s with the veve pads that went with them. Installed them back in April when I picked up the boat. A few coats of plastidip on the sides of the plates that touch the trailer paint (which is a lot more durable than I had initially assumed pre pick-up), carefully fastened with the 7" bolts and good to go. In retrospect, I might have gone with the galvanized ones, but I'm pretty much just briefly dipping them in lake st clair when i go out, so i would assume they should hold up in that relatively easy duty (compared to ocean work). So far they've been very helpful.