• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VHF Radio Cobra HH350 MMSI #

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I recently obtained a Cobra HH350 for a decent price on sale. Do you have to register a MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service Identity) # to it? I have reached out to Cobra but no answer or help. Just was curious how all this works. I am fairly a new boat owner and thought it would be good to have one of these VHF radios on board. Thanks in advance for your help and responses.

Attachments

• Cobra HH350.jpg
    Cobra HH350.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
Actually I got mine through West Marine so I could earn bucks when I purchase. Not sure there is a west marine near you. They are partners with Boat US

BOAT US Gold Membership

Your Benefits
  • Professional 24/7/365 towing dispatch.
  • Over 13,000 towing companies available to assist.
  • BoatUS pays for your on the road jump starts, lockouts, fuel delivery*.
  • *Subject to terms and conditions of the BoatUS Towing Service agreement.
Recommended For You
West Advantage Gold Rewards: Earn 4% back on your equipment purchases from West Marine. for every $250 spent on qualified purchases, you earn a $10 rewards certificate.

Do they just use your serial number and model number of the VHF radio bought to identify you, after you register?

No, they issue you an MMSI # that you put into your VHF. Been a while since I did mine. MMSI -> 1 VFH -> One Watercraft

Distress is nice. All I have to do is press the button or if mine goes overboard it will start transmitting. By my MMSI# they know type of craft and whom I am.

No, they issue you an MMSI # that you put into your VHF. Been a while since I did mine. MMSI -> 1 VFH -> One Watercraft

Distress is nice. All I have to do is press the button or if mine goes overboard it will start transmitting. By my MMSI# they know type of craft and whom I am.
Good info. Thanks. Now I need to find out how to add it into my radio.

Back