• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Vibration @ 3k rpm and higher

image.jpg image.jpg Ok, here are the pics! i should have stuck a ruler next to it or something to help gauge the size, but it was about 4" long.

I pulled the pump housing and had to pull the impeller shaft to get it out. I have to say, it was pretty easy to tear everything apart. It may have taken 30 minutes including the time to find the right size sockets, wrenches, etc. if I had to do it again, I think I could do that t in about 10-15 minutes. Much easier than struggling to pull it out through the clean out port.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got the culprit out of the pump. I take it that it is dried out and never shrunk since you still pulled the pump. Does the pump go back together the same way that it comes apart? I've never had to pull mine.

It dried some, but lodged under and behind the blade, much too large to just fall out. The pump (nozzle housing?) was really simple. I disconnected the two screws holding the throttle connection, then one bolt holding the steering connection. Once those were off there are four bolts (one in each corner), then the housing pulls off. The impeller housing and shaft then pull straight out.

I'm glad to hear it was an easy fix!

Glad it got fixed! I have never done this either. I seem to recall two sets of 4 bolts. One set in the transom and one in the housing mounted to the transom. The four bolts you mentioned are the ones to the mounting not to the transom right? Maybe I am recalling this wrong.

Watch the second video from the FAQ link that @Scottintexas posted above. The first one was different, but the second video was right on the money.

Back