• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

VIBRATION DISASTER I CANNOT RESOLVE...PLEASE HELP

@Beachbummer Remove the coupling cover and put a straight edge over the coupling (Post # 12). The difference between one side of the coupling and the other should be less than 1mm.
Got it I will and report back. Thanks Wreks!!!

I would say if it sounds like that on the water, I would continue to look for issues (several good suggestions above re: engine shims, shaft bent, etc.). If it just sounded like that on the hose--that is how they sound.

Also, I assume that your impellers are in good shape? The other thing that can do it is if you have a major chunk out of one blade--throws the impeller out of balance.
So I took it out this Saturday and Sunday and it sounds loud but not like on the video where is out of the water. When I get to around 2500 rpm I do get I what assume the marbles sound (loud to my ears) all the way up to 5k then it smooth out.

I would say if it sounds like that on the water, I would continue to look for issues (several good suggestions above re: engine shims, shaft bent, etc.). If it just sounded like that on the hose--that is how they sound.

Also, I assume that your impellers are in good shape? The other thing that can do it is if you have a major chunk out of one blade--throws the impeller out of balance.
Yes in the water it sounds way better but the marbles can of bolts loose noise gets me nuts. The impellers seem fine nothing major only a few nicks and a tiny bend but nothing serious.

The motor mounts can cause that vibration and above that r p m it goes away either one motor mount is not set at the correct level or one is bad or the engine is out of alignment on the mounts. I had the same issue when I replaced a right rear motor mount while doing an intermediate bearing, ran great but had a vibration around 2.5 to 3k then it went away above that rpm so make sure the mounts are aligned and shimmed properly and the engine is perfectly straight, doing all that is a pain in the butt.
Got it. At this point I'll have the dealer check them then. Thanks

@Beachbummer Remove the coupling cover and put a straight edge over the coupling (Post # 12). The difference between one side of the coupling and the other should be less than 1mm.

ok cool, I will try that. I will take out the boat again this weekend and record it while in water and let you guys evaluate.

Thanks

@ricardoar190 This measurement is not something that is done on the water with the engine running. That would be very dangerous. Just remove the coupling cover and lay a straight edge over the coupling. The coupling is two pieces with a rubber damper in between. One side of coupling attaches to intermediate shaft, the other attaches to the engine crankshaft with The rubber damper in between them (see Post #12, Step #14 above). If those to pieces are not lined up within 1mm, vibration is likely to occur.

I understood that he will check the measurement and then record video while running. Hopefully he did not mean measure while the engine is running, but, the warning is valid just in case.

I understood that he will check the measurement and then record video while running. Hopefully he did not mean measure while the engine is running, but, the warning is valid just in case.
Correct lol sorry if I made it confused. I will do measurements on land lol. I just wanted to show you guys how it sounds in water and get some feedback.

Thank you gentleman.

I just got a 2012 SX190 Yamaha. Had 2 jet boats before. Yah it's loud about 2k rpm so checked with others. It's just noisy.

I did not read this all over again but dissimilar metal corrosion will cause the impeller to contact the pump liner and make a hell of a racket and make it hard to start after it sits a while . I suggest you look for dark spots on the liner those are caused by friction between the impeller and liner . I personally change to nylon liners and have nothing but excellent results.

Back