• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Booster VS Thrust Vector Wake

Onserve212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is why the WakeBooster is awesome. When someone can get air and do a 360, then that is a true surf wake. When a certified wake surfer gets on your boat with only skepticism and at the end of the session says, “that is a certified wake,” then the WakeBooster paired with additional ballast is legit. See the links to the two videos showing why the WakeBooster and additional ballast are the way to go. Always looking for a better wake and love the forum. Thanks for a great summer. - 2017 212X

Get Some Air Video

My Pretty Girl Video

Patrick Hoang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I already have a wakebooster on my 24'

Guess I need to invest in the transom fatsac

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Patrick Hoang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 242x has a ski locker ballast from factory. I think its 1200lbs.
That and also the 200lb on the port and star side near the back seats

We still couldn't really get rope less.

It was also hard to maintain 11mph with 10 passengers on board.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 242x has a ski locker ballast from factory. I think its 1200lbs.
That and also the 200lb on the port and star side near the back seats

We still couldn't really get rope less.

It was also hard to maintain 11mph with 10 passengers on board.
RideSteady is all I can repeat to you over and over. It's $1400, you can install it yourself, and worth ever.damn.penny. if you want to surf with your boat. Makes your driver happy so YOU can surf. Dial in your wave in 1/10mph for perfect curl before you jump in the water. I feel like I should wear a sandwich board with GOT RIDESTEADY? on it at all the boat ramps - I can't explain how much this is needed for our boats.

Patrick Hoang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Silly question. On my 2018 242x, I already have feature to dial in my desired speed. Is it not accurate?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
RideSteady is all I can repeat to you over and over. It's $1400, you can install it yourself, and worth ever.damn.penny. if you want to surf with your boat. Makes your driver happy so YOU can surf. Dial in your wave in 1/10mph for perfect curl before you jump in the water. I feel like I should wear a sandwich board with GOT RIDESTEADY? on it at all the boat ramps - I can't explain how much this is needed for our boats.
242X have their own speed control built into them already. The set speed just may need to be higher then the actual speed.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Silly question. On my 2018 242x, I already have feature to dial in my desired speed. Is it not accurate?
View my above reply. Get you a GPS app on your phone to dial in speed to the tenth.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
242X have their own speed control built into them already. The set speed just may need to be higher then the actual speed.
Is that gps based speed control or rpm based? My 212S also has "speed control" but it's rpm based which is horrible for dialing in a wave.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
GPS based for water sports....... Cruise assist is RPM based and something completely different for just cruising. Lucky that we have both versions on the boat.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We run the Thrust Vector X and lateral thrusters with the Wake Booster and it works really well. No need to straighten our the surfpoint and we get a great wave and push.

Reviews have said TVW and Booster don't work well together it memory serves me.

Patrick Hoang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been looking at the tvx and tvw. What is the main difference between the 2? Beside the deflector.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can the wakebooster be used with the TVW on a 2018 yamaha 242x?

I like the wave of the wakebooster but I want to improve on slow speed steering and jet wash.
No the booster cannot be used with the 24 foot version of the JetWash Deflector. It will actually cause damage.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No the booster cannot be used with the 24 foot version of the JetWash Deflector. It will actually cause damage.
What about with the new Thrust Vectors (that we just purchased at pre-sale price a couple weeks back)? Should we get a wakebooster for surf to go with or is there any problem foreseen?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What about with the new Thrust Vectors (that we just purchased at pre-sale price a couple weeks back)? Should we get a wakebooster for surf to go with or is there any problem foreseen?
The booster is Yamaha's version of a surf enhancer. The JetWash Deflector is our version. Both accomplish the same task in two different ways. The two items cannot be used together on a 24 foot boat. On 21 and 23 foot boats we've not received any feedback that would lead us to believe the two are not compatible.

Either way Thrust Vector is compatible with both.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The booster is Yamaha's version of a surf enhancer. The JetWash Deflector is our version. Both accomplish the same task in two different ways. The two items cannot be used together on a 24 foot boat. On 21 and 23 foot boats we've not received any feedback that would lead us to believe the two are not compatible.

Either way Thrust Vector is compatible with both.
Thanks Will,

As usual, lightning fast answer! That makes more sense that way, I thought the JetWash Deflector was mainly a spray cleaner for tubing and hadn't realized it was also a surf booster as it isn't mounted the same.

All things equal, I am pretty sure I would want to go with yours based on that awesome customer service! Just need to get the boat first hah!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Will,

As usual, lightning fast answer! That makes more sense that way, I thought the JetWash Deflector was mainly a spray cleaner for tubing and hadn't realized it was also a surf booster as it isn't mounted the same.

All things equal, I am pretty sure I would want to go with yours based on that awesome customer service! Just need to get the boat first hah!
Our product is a bit easier to work with and it floats if you drop it in the water. The Yamaha version can sink to the bottom if you don't first strap the bouey to it.

Good luck on your boat purchase!!!

Jb3717

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our product is a bit easier to work with and it floats if you drop it in the water. The Yamaha version can sink to the bottom if you don't first strap the bouey to it.

Good luck on your boat purchase!!!
Will the wake deflector work on a 2014 242 limited. I notice on ur website it says pre 2019. Just making sure before I order

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will the wake deflector work on a 2014 242 limited. I notice on ur website it says pre 2019. Just making sure before I order
The JetWash Deflector will work on a 2014. Just select the 2019 and prior version.