• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surf

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Arrived yesterday. Hope to know the results by end of March. I think a wet suit might be required.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might help. Right now it's 20" wide and 6" tall. Not sure how tall the yamaha one is......

Espy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I recently picked up a wake booster and a 650lb transom bag and 2 200lb bags from a guy on marketplace. He said that 9 or 10 mph was about all it would do with the ballast and booster on. I know that thing creates a lot of drag so a little trim might do the trick.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The diy wakebooster does push the wave over pretty good, but I have a hard time getting past 9mph with it. I designed it for the 2017 ar190 hull. If it worked I was going to get my son to weld more up and sell them...... but it didn't work as good as I'd hoped.
Thanks for sharing. Impressive fabrication skills!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the wakebooster package. Way too expensive but it works. I added a 370 lbs tank to my cockpit. Everyone has different set ups they like. I run my two blocks on the back in each corner and then I fill that 370 lb tank on the floor (not in the ski locker) towards surf side. I can go ropeless as can both my sons (who are smaller). It isn't a 8000 lbs Malibu Boat, but it works for us. We ski, kneeboard, and wakeboard as well.

The one thing I would like to try is adding weight to the front. I would also like to try that new HO Hovercraft waterski (big fat wide body ski) on a really short line rope like the surf rope. I wouldn't be looking to surf but just play (jump wake, carve hard, etc..).