• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding all the way around the boat.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have attempted this on single ski, two skis, and wakeboard. Key word is attempted as I have never succeeded. I always bleed too much speed trying to come around the bow. Much respect to those who can find that perfect balance and line. I am always willing to embarrass myself trying again though.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have attempted this on single ski, two skis, and wakeboard. Key word is attempted as I have never succeeded. I always bleed too much speed trying to come around the bow. Much respect to those who can find that perfect balance and line. I am always willing to embarrass myself trying again though.
That does not bode well for me, lolol.

To start with, and to get a fighting chance, I'll need to figure out how to tilt that distribution equation:
need to move it from 50/50 skill for skier/driver to something like 10/90!

--

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Gets me thinking about how a Jet boat will do with this maneuver. Two things that are key on the boat side are a sharp turning radius and instant torque. We did this 20 yrs younger ago on inboard ski boats. I think yamahas have the turn radius but wondering about the pumps loading up for torque fast enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now you all got me itching for summer for another reason. Not sure my wife would be comfortable trying this as a driver (not sure I'd be comfortable with her trying this as a driver), but I know I'll have no problem getting my brother-in-law to give it a go as a driver or rider. :D

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We've done this before, took a few tries to get it right but its cool!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I was a teenager we would do stunts like this behind my SeaDoo XP. We used to lay flat on the kneeboard, get the XP to full speed, trim down so it would dig hard and then rip it to send the kneeboard flying past the ski at I would guess 55-60 mph! It's also how a buddy of mine broke his arm in 2 places riding the tube. I slung him out to loop around and when there was slack in the rope he foolishly tried to pull use the rope to readjust on the tube only for his arm to go through the rope and when the slack came out it just about ripped his arm off! It was broken in two places below the elbow and disgusting seeing an arm like that. That was the longest ride back to our place on the water as we were on the other end of the lake. Every single wave or vibration the guy would scream in pain and I will never forget that day. Tried to keep his arm as immobile as possible by wedging it between us. Looking back, it was really stupid some of the things we tried. Fun? Yes. Irresponsible? Most definitely.

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't see how you can do that with the tow point on a 242...don't th Bimini supports get in the way?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't see how you can do that with the tow point on a 242...don't th Bimini supports get in the way?
I agree, there is no way.
Even in the 240, my bimini top would be off completely for any attempt.

--